Kev Reynolds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JB 14 Dec 2021

RIP...a terrific writer. I still have a (now very grubby) copy of his Pyrenees guidebook from my trip there c. 20 years back. Imagine he opened up the hills/mountains outside of the UK to a lot of people.

Thanks for the news article, Dan...

In reply to JB:

Me too. Mine's nearly 30 years old, and still a good read.

He was a lovely guy.

Bulls Crack 14 Dec 2021
In reply to JB:

Gosh yes, used his Pyrenees guides back in the 80's.

toad 14 Dec 2021
In reply to JB:

Oh no. His copy of the TMB guide served me very well

65 14 Dec 2021
In reply to JB:

> RIP...a terrific writer. I still have a (now very grubby) copy of his Pyrenees guidebook from my trip there c. 20 years back. Imagine he opened up the hills/mountains outside of the UK to a lot of people.

> Thanks for the news article, Dan...

Ah, sad news. What a life he had, really and actually living the dream, and sharing it.

felt 15 Dec 2021
In reply to JB:

Shame. Along with the Véron HRP book, Kev's Pyrenees volume really showed me the way, and I later referred to his Engadine guide a fair bit. I got the feeling he was to Cicerone as JK Rowling is to Bloomsbury, albeit on a totally different scale.

wbo2 15 Dec 2021
In reply to JB: Terrific is absolutely the correct word for his writing, and a life well lived. 

mypyrex 15 Dec 2021
In reply to JB:

Prompted by the sad news of the passing of Kev Reynolds I have decided to come out of hiding solely for the purpose of offering my own tribute to Kev.

I first met Kev in 1985 in the early days of my discovering the Pyrenees. We occasionally exchanged correspondence and shared each others experiences.

Kev's wonderfully written guide books always occupied a special place in my rucksack and it was almost as if he was there with me, admiring the scenery or enjoying a convivial evening in a refuge, cabane or tea house.

He was a wonderful gentleman who was always happy to share the experiences of others as well as to offer advice.

My thoughts go out to his family and I can only conclude by saying that his passing will leave a tremendous gap in my life.

Namaste Kev.

Doug 16 Dec 2021

I thought I knew parts of the Pyrenees quite well, but when I saw a copy of his Pyrenees book in a shop in Benasque thought it might be useful for the areas I didn't know. Turned out I learnt quite a bit about the areas I thought I knew quite well.

I know little about the man or his life but thank him for his books.

RIP Kev

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...