Jottnar Sjkoldr Any good.??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Stevec2611 06 Jan 2019

Hi, has anyone any experience of this material yet please.? Sounds great kit but always wary of new, untested to the public, kit.!!

TobyA 06 Jan 2019
In reply to Stevec2611:

I spent the last two days climbing on Ben Nevis in a new Jottnar Odin jacket and Vanir LT trousers which I'm reviewing for UKC. They seem very good and tough, but this was the first time I've worn them 'in the field' as it were. I think its very difficult to compare things like breathability and waterproofness, but the material does seem at least as breathable as other top level waterproof fabrics and I think noticeably more windproof than NeoShell. But very early days in terms of using them and it's bloomin' expensive stuff so it should be good!

In reply to Stevec2611:

From the specs I’d be surprised if it isn’t just rebranded eVent... I doubt Jottnar will confirm that mind.

Post edited at 17:23
 TobyA 06 Jan 2019
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

I'll ask!

What actually makes you think that though? I know GE are willing to license eVent to firms to sell under their own brand names, BUT eVent was available when Jottnar started making gear, and they said when they started that NeoShell was the only membrane that they thought was good enough, so I guess Sjkoldr has to an improvement on that. 

And I am right aren't I that GE make eVent? Because Jottnar's site says their fabric was developed with a Japanese company, so that also argues against it being eVent.

Stevec2611 11 Jan 2019
In reply to Stevec2611:

Thanks everyone, really usefulfeedback so far.

Yeah always a wee bit dubious but Jottnar does seem to be aimed at being different and more effective than the competition.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...