how do I add a new summit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fruit 21 Jun 2022

Hi,

how do I add a new summit? I could add it as a climb in UKC, but it’s a walk and the drop down boxes don’t allow for summit as a category.

the summit is La Haute Corde 2325m.

cheers

BuzyG 21 Jun 2022
In reply to Fruit:

What are you trying to add a summit to/for?

I don't know of a walking/summit log on here.  

The climbing log allows for scrambles to be added. That may be an option for you to look at. 

Max Hangs 21 Jun 2022
In reply to Fruit:

Click "Switch to UKH" at the bottom of the page and "my logbooks" becomes "my summits".

In reply to Fruit:

Hills are equivalent to crags, and summits equivalent to climbs.
So to add the hill, you can add it here: https://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/addcrag.php

Then you can add a summit, scramble, walk etc on to the hill

OP Fruit 21 Jun 2022
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Thank you, I’ll give it a crack. I’ve added crags and routes before, but never a summit.

cheers

OP Fruit 21 Jun 2022
In reply to Max Hangs:

Cheers, got that thanks, I’m trying to add an unlisted summit on ukh, hopefully the message below yours was the answer. 👍

Max Hangs 21 Jun 2022
In reply to Fruit:

Sorry I was being hasty and didn't add "type in the summits box and an option will appear to add new if nothing is found" but perhaps you'd got this far already

(My summits > search for summit/scramble)

Post edited at 20:02
OP Fruit 21 Jun 2022
In reply to Max Hangs:

Cheers for that

BuzyG 21 Jun 2022
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

That's cool. I had no idea that there was even a walking log.  I walk far more than I climb.  How do you add a walk on a hill?

Post edited at 22:56
In reply to BuzyG:

In the same way you would add a route, at the bottom of the hill page there are two buttons "Add a missing route" and "Upload a file of missing routes".

You can also create a Route Card, which is a more detailed walk, and once passed through moderation, will be on the UKH Route Cards page here:

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/find.php

Hit the "create a new route card" link on that page to get started.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...