How busy is the Corrour?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob Peters 24 Aug 2021

Hi all,

How busy have you found the Corrour lately, both during the week and at weekends?

We’re planning to be around there in a couple of weeks and I know it could get busy pre-pandemic, so wondering how it’s been since the ‘unlock’. 

any info appreciated

cheers

Bob

Graeme G 24 Aug 2021
In reply to Bob Peters:

Rail station?

OP Bob Peters 25 Aug 2021
In reply to Bob Peters:

Bothy!

DaveHK 25 Aug 2021
In reply to Bob Peters:

> Bothy!

I'd take a tent as back up with Corrour as it is small and very popular.

TBH I'd never actually plan to stay there for those reasons!

Graeme G 25 Aug 2021
In reply to Bob Peters:

I’d work on the basis that all bothies carry the risk of being hoaching for at least the next few months.

Corrour likely especially so.

OP Bob Peters 25 Aug 2021
In reply to Bob Peters:

Thanks for responses. We are working on the basis that it is likely to be busy, and planning to take a tent.

It would still be great to hear from anyone who has been that way recently, or stayed there since the start of the month.

cheers

Bob

DaveHK 25 Aug 2021
In reply to Bob Peters:

> It would still be great to hear from anyone who has been that way recently, or stayed there since the start of the month.

That's really not going to tell you more than has been said already. It's always likely to be busy and this summer especially so.

Have you been before? Even ignoring the business it's really not that nice a bothy and if you have a tent there are far nicer spots in the vicinity.

mountainbagger 25 Aug 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

It's had a new roof and a toilet since I was last there. We didn't stay in it though. As you say a more pleasant night can be had in a tent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...