Helvellyn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 briansy 05 Oct 2022

Did this in August this year and got up early to beat the crowds. Doing this anticlockwise on my Alltrails route meant I was coming against the crowds on my way down. It was SUCH a good idea. And I encountered noone going on the same direction as me all walk.  

It was an absolute belter of a walk I must say. Much more fun than Scafell (not Scafell Pyke) that I did earlier in the week. And I also marginally preferred it to the Haystacks and Fleetwith walk as the ground was firm all the way. 

pics in order from start to finish

OP briansy 05 Oct 2022
In reply to briansy:

More pics 

OP briansy 05 Oct 2022
In reply to briansy:

More....

OP briansy 05 Oct 2022
In reply to briansy:

More...

OP briansy 05 Oct 2022
In reply to briansy:

And some more...

OP briansy 05 Oct 2022
In reply to briansy:

Final 5 pics!

In reply to briansy:

When I make the effort to do it, it is great to be on the hills early and have them nice and quiet. It works equally well if you go in the evening as well and the light is always better than during the middle of the day.

OP briansy 05 Oct 2022

Agree, Martin - I've just booked a week in Skye, 3 nights in Fortwilliam next August and 5 nights in Betws 7 Coed for Snowdon and other hills for late May next year. I'm going to ensure I set my body clock to dawn wake ups daily and early to bed. 

If any of those places are as amazing as the Lake District I will be very happy. I have a feeling Skye will be on a different level.

Dave Todd 05 Oct 2022
In reply to briansy:

On the off-chance that you don't already have this book then I'd heartily recommend 'The Cuillin' by Gordon Stainforth (of this parish) as a bit of a winter treat before your trip next year.  Great book about a stunning place.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...