Gritstone Trail, Disley to Teggs Nose.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyd1970 10 Oct 2020

Looking at going for a walk with my wife tomorrow and starting the gritstone Trail.

Looking at the route from Disley,  the best place to park is the Railway station and looking at leaving another car at Teggs nose country park.

Is the parking ok at these spots or can it get busy.

Thanks

Andy

leon 1 10 Oct 2020
In reply to andyd1970: Careful where you park at Disley station. If its busy and you park past where the ticket office is its illegal and very occasionally a warden will appear and ticket you (experience speaking there

If the station car park is busy, it depends what time you get there but early should be ok, the pub next to the station the Rams Head has quite a big pay + display car park available to all.

Lime Park is closed to cars at the moment unless theyve been previously booked, so more people are parking around Disley and walking into Lime Park so it is marginally busier.

Post edited at 15:23
 abr1966 10 Oct 2020
In reply to andyd1970:

There is parking at Teggs nose....pay and display...

Monk 10 Oct 2020
In reply to leon 1:

Teggs Nose parking is fine from a safety perspective, but can get busy. You should be ok if arriving in the morning. I can't remember the charges exactly, but think it's about £4.75 for the day. 

OP andyd1970 10 Oct 2020
In reply to leon 1:

Thanks Leon

Think I’ll park at the pub 😀

OP andyd1970 10 Oct 2020
In reply to abr1966:

Thanks.

Andy Johnson 10 Oct 2020
In reply to andyd1970:

Teggs gets busy if the weather is good.  It's a bigish carpark though. And the cafe does decent cake.

Darron 10 Oct 2020
In reply to andyd1970:

If it helps there is free parking at the base of Teggs nose. Perhaps 15 mins walk from the P&D.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...