Good day sunshine!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pefa 27 Sep 2019

🌞 In Scotia the mora(the day if seeing this the day) and aw day wayhey!!! so what Munrorbitty or wee walk in early autumn naturey stuff are you planning or did you do? I'm thinking of Vorlich or Ardrain or maybe an Arrochar (tiny wee) Alp.

Edit: presuming the met Office is correct of course. 

Post edited at 22:51
 subtle 27 Sep 2019
In reply to Pefa:

> 🌞 In Scotia the mora(the day if seeing this the day) and aw day wayhey!!! so what Munrorbitty or wee walk in early autumn naturey stuff are you planning or did you do? I'm thinking of Vorlich or Ardrain or maybe an Arrochar (tiny wee) Alp.

You paying the extortionate parking fee at the Alp car park or do you have a cunning plan?

OP Pefa 27 Sep 2019
In reply to subtle:

Hmm inside info, tell me more on parking  prices please. Specifically ye know and any tips are gratefully received? 

Post edited at 23:06
OP Pefa 27 Sep 2019
In reply to subtle:

Wow! I was up the Cobbler with a pal a couple of years ago and the wee car park was mobbed oot but it was still just a £ or 2 so ta for that heads up. 

Post edited at 23:24
 subtle 27 Sep 2019
In reply to Pefa:

Indeed

You will like this - increased charges voted in by local Tory council (yup, Tories) and now locals buying field along the road to offer it up as free alternative parking as they realise how much revenue walkers / climbers bring to the local area - not open yet I believe - some hotels offering free parking if you buy a drink / sandwich etc afterwards - only means 10 mins walk either side so no big deal, support the local businesses as opposed to council imposed car parking fees 

Hope the weather good and you have a nice day

OP Pefa 27 Sep 2019
In reply to subtle:

Aw ukc at its best with local detailed knowledge to help all cash starved nature seekers. I'd give you a heart but a like is all I'm allowed. Cheers. 

girlymonkey 28 Sep 2019
In reply to Pefa:

I've not parked there for a while, but certainly used to be possible to park by a wee bridge on the road up to the rest and be thankful and walk up a lovely quiet glen at the back. Grid ref 243060

girlymonkey 28 Sep 2019
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Yes, that's the one.

Mark Bull 28 Sep 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

I have not tried this, but I think you could park for free at Ardgarten and follow the Cowal Way track to gain the SE ridge of the Cobbler or the usual Cobbler/Narnain paths. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...