Downloading GPS from activity diary

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr Fuller 18 Jun 2020

Is it possible to download a gpx file from your activity diary?

In reply to Mr Fuller:

Which activity diary...?

OP Mr Fuller 18 Jun 2020
In reply to captain paranoia:

From UKHIllwalking. I've a route I uploaded 8(!) years ago which I now want to share and edit, as I have lost the original file which I uploaded. 

In reply to Mr Fuller:

Hmmm... I can't see an obvious method. Which seems a bit of a drop-off.

I also see 'Ordenance Survey', and no mapping source attribution or licence #...

If you do a right-click 'save page as', the resulting hmtl file contains a set of CSV lat/long coordinate quintuplets (search for 'kml'). I'm not sure what the three values after the lat/long values are; maybe segment length, height, and ???. In the example I saved, the last two figures were zero.

I'd take those values and create a GPX file from them (as I've written plenty of AWK scripts to muck about with GPX files). Point me to the route in question and I'll see what I can do.

[edit: done: found a handy CSV to GPX script that only needed a bit of tweaking]

Post edited at 13:42

> [edit: done: found a handy CSV to GPX script that only needed a bit of tweaking]

Ah; that was a route from the Route Card section. Not the activity log. I don't have any activity logs I can try...

OP Mr Fuller 19 Jun 2020

No worries, thanks for giving it a go. I think I've managed to replot basically exactly the same route anyway. Normally I wouldn't worry, but as it's 40km long and fairly intricate in places I thought it worth getting right!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...