Dog and potential route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 13 Oct 2022

Hi.

Might have a chance to do the two munros near The Cluanie Inn. I recall reading that its a bit of a scramble between the two. 

Anyone who has done this, is it ok for a dog? Medium sized collie 

Mike-W-99 13 Oct 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

There’s a narrow bypass path round the scramble. Whether it’s dog friendly or not I can’t remember.

james.slater 13 Oct 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

I walked this a couple of weeks ago and the 'bypass' path is essentially the main route, I think you would have to go out of your way to find any worthwhile scrambling.

The path is a little rocky in places but I imagine any fit and hill confident dog would have no issues at all.

Enjoy, its a real cracker of a walk (the initial ascent up A Chralaig does end, I promise!)

jpicksley 13 Oct 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

I've done it more than once with my medium sized collie and it's absolutely fine. I don't even recall a scramble. Lovely walk. Descent via Coire Obhar is very nice.

Post edited at 11:38
 Mike-W-99 13 Oct 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

This shows both the scramble & bypass path.

jpicksley 13 Oct 2022
In reply to Mike-W-99:

That seems vaguely familiar. The dog definitely had no issues. Wherever I did bother with the direct line she was fine. She just stayed on the path. You have to deliberately take the direct line if you want to do it and the bypass path is fine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...