Decent from Llewelyn via Craig Llugwy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jennifer2019 01 Aug 2019

Can anyone help?

I'm planning a route and am looking at descending Carnedd Llewelyn via the Craig Llugwy spur and then west of Creigiau Hirion. 

I've read that there is a stile to cross the fence line at Afon Bodesi and then a path that runs down to Oggy Cottage. Is this still a feasible route. (the post I read describing this was old....)

Any hints or suggestions??

Thanks for reading

phizz4 01 Aug 2019
In reply to jennifer2019:

Yes, there is a stile and yes, the path goes to the back of Bryn Poeth. It goes across the helicopter landing point to a gate behind the cottage. We came down that way in the winter this year and there is quite a well marked path along side the stream.

jennifer2019 01 Aug 2019
In reply to phizz4:

That’s brilliant. Thanks so much for the reply. I’m happy doing a bit of bumbling about off track, but wanted to check I wasn’t on a wild goose chase! 

Thanks again

jennifer2019 02 Aug 2019
In reply to phizz4:

Apologies, would you mind a follow up question? Is the stile at the fence line at 600m or 380m. I’ve just realised the ambiguity in my OP 🤦🏻‍♀️  

phizz4 08 Aug 2019
In reply to jennifer2019:

Probably too late for you as I have only just seen your question. There is a stile at about 674611, I don't remember one higher up as the wall is very broken.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...