NEW ROUTE CARD: Crib Lem Spur - The Carneddau's Forgotten Scramble

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 28 Nov 2018
Tom McPartlan on a atmospheric ascent of the Crib Lem Spur.The Crib Lem Spur is situated on the northern slopes of Carnedd Dafydd. Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of the Ogwen Valley, this grade 1 scramble really is a forgotten gem of Snowdonia, a high quality easy ridge scramble in a wild mountain setting. Whilst you can ascend the route and head almost straight back to the car, a far better option - and one that gives a full and varied day - is to carry on over Carnedd Llewelyn and Yr Elen to give one of the more spectacular and remote horseshoes in North Wales.

8.89 miles, 14.30 km, 1,074m ascent, 5 – 7 hours. Bethesda

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=1209
pasbury 28 Nov 2018
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Never done this; I will now!

Jimbo C 28 Nov 2018
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Crib Lem is a very good scramble. The day we did it sticks in my mind as having one of the strongest winds I've ever experienced (on top of Carnedd Dafydd)

Gone for good 28 Nov 2018
In reply to pasbury:

It's a good winter solo. January 2016 when I did it. An atmospheric route and a great approach walk into the ridge. 

In reply to Mark Reeves:

A grand day out in grand surroundings!

Post edited at 13:43
 Blodwyn 19 Dec 2018
In reply to Mark Reeves:

I've been keeping this to myself! I've done it a few times and only seen a couple of walkers on the ridge.

A great walk and short scramble.

olddirtydoggy 19 Dec 2018
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Did this last year for the first time. Great route and remote on the approach.

Tom Last 19 Dec 2018
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Crib Lem is great! Lovely in winter  

Matt Podd 20 Dec 2018
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Or from the top of Yr Elen you can come down the mildly scrambley ridge NW and into Cwm Casseg and walk out to Gerlan under Bera Bach keeping your feet dry. Cwm Caseg is always worth a visit, feels very remote.

Post edited at 16:24

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...