Corsica in June

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 18 Feb 2018

Considering a 5 - 6 day trip to Corsica in June - maybe Mare a Mare Sud. Any comments e.g. accommodation at that time of year, temperatures, etc?

Removed User 18 Feb 2018
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

I've only been in September, about 12 years ago, but a French guide I got chatting to in the Pyrenees was of the opinion that June was the best month to visit Corsica as the temperatures weren't too high, there were less thunderstorms, there was enough snow for scenic purposes but not enough to cause problems and the valleys were full of flowers.

I've done some of the Mare et Mare Nord and it was really stunning. The huts are good, Pascal at A Sega is a real character, assuming he is still there with his horses, his semi feral hunting dogs and his vast collection of firearms.

Stig 18 Feb 2018

I’ve been in June and it was lovely. We went right round the island on public transport and camped. Stand out memories: visiting Bonifacio which is stunning, walking the northern section of the GR10; and the best steaks I’ve ever had in Bastia.

i agree with Stuart that the weather and general conditions seemed perfect at that time.

i do seem to remember that the French travelled light and got up early and always beat us to the huts. I’m contrast we had massive rucksacks with camping gear and clothes for two weeks. We sometimes struggled to get a bed.

French Erick 19 Feb 2018

get in before the French touroids descend in July. Temps should be warmish but not insufferable. Envious!!!

Mark Bull 19 Feb 2018

I've been in early June and found it a touch on the hot side (high 20s/low 30s) for walking, but I don't deal that well with heat. 

ben b 19 Feb 2018

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...