Corrour Bothy toilet closure

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 OMR 19 Jun 2018

From Thursday 21st July for about a month the toilet at Corrour Bothy in the Cairngorms will be closed. The extension which houses it will remain, but the entire interior of the structure is being removed pending replacement.
Removal operations will take place over Thursday and Friday and will involve a number of helicopter flights to fly out the old materials and offload the new, so people are warned that over this weekend they should a) take a tent, as the bothy will be very busy with volunteers for this and another work party, and b) DON'T PITCH THAT TENT NEAR THE BOTHY ON THE 22nd. This is for safety reasons because of the helicopter hovering overhead and to avoid obstructing the unloading operations.
Thanks for your forebearance. The redesigned toilet will make the job of maintenance volunteers much easier.
Between now and the re-opening of the toilet, visitors are urged to use the spade and toilet responsibly. https://www.mountaineering.scot/assets/contentfiles/pdf/where-to-go-leaflet...

subtle 19 Jun 2018
In reply to OMR:

Thanks for letting us know - and good luck in the works.

And thanks for all the work you and your fellow volunteer's do, it is appreciated.

steelbru 19 Jun 2018
In reply to OMR:

I think you mean 21st June ( ie this week ) , not 21st July ( which is a Saturday ) - would be good if you can confirm

OP OMR 19 Jun 2018
In reply to steelbru:

If only I had brains, who knows what I could have achieved!

Yes, well spotted, of course I meant 21st June. Work is starting Thursday this week and going on over the weekend. Sorry about that.

Removed User 19 Jun 2018
In reply to OMR:

> The redesigned toilet will make the job of maintenance volunteers much easier.

Nice one Centurion. Maybe you Cairngorm bothiers should cut down the Guinness and get a bit more fibre in you.

Flinticus 19 Jun 2018
In reply to OMR:

Will HM be there at the re-opening? Not too far from her castle.

OP OMR 20 Jun 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

I'm not allowed to say. But we are keeping a fresh waste sack handy.

And the Windsor Green paint is on order.

Post edited at 07:32
 steelbru 20 Jun 2018
In reply to OMR:

Running the Lairig Ghru Hill Race on Sunday, so will wave over to you guys, should be passing about noon

OP OMR 20 Jun 2018
In reply to steelbru:

Hopefully be packing up to go home by that time. I'll step out of the path to allow runners past, but watch and not trip over my crowbar!  

Billhook 20 Jun 2018
In reply to OMR:

This is terrible news. What are we to do if we want a number 1 or 2 in the 'gorms?

Raskye 20 Jun 2018
In reply to Billhook:

Easy... go under the bridge you inhabit.

d_b 22 Jun 2018
In reply to Raskye:

But pooing near running water is bad form.

OP OMR 25 Jun 2018
In reply to Billhook:

Just hang on for a few weeks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...