Car park charges at Cairngorm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 07 Aug 2019

Are they still charging or did that get ditched?

Welsh Kate 07 Aug 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

No charges when I was there in early May. We wondered if it was to do with the funicular being out of action.

rogerwebb 07 Aug 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Charging enthusiastically last Saturday, diffidently a week past Tuesday. 

£2 in both cases. 

colinakmc 07 Aug 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

I’ve never paid up there. As far as I know the charges are “voluntary” and not legally enforceable. Unless someone else on here knows different.

OP girlymonkey 07 Aug 2019
In reply to Welsh Kate:

This has just been highlighted to me. Oh well, change of route plan then. Not donating to their cause.

http://parkswatchscotland.co.uk/2019/06/04/cairngorm-mountain-parking-charg...

In reply to colinakmc:

Is it still a person collecting them? Any idea when they start? I could just go up early. Or just speak Russian to them and not understand English!

colinakmc 07 Aug 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Just read your park watch link (thanks) and my last visit predated the ntroduction of “compulsory “ charges. Would be interesting to know, though, if their introduction was legally competent and therefore enforceable.

I’ll be going elsewhere til they learn some sense about decent governance; wouldn’t have a problem about a (small) charge if they actually had a sensible plan to use the revenue to benefit the site.

In reply to colinakmc:

Yes, I would love to turn up and try to argue the point with them, but I will have clients with me and it wouldn't look good! I think we will have a lovely day on Sgor Gaoith instead

dmhigg 07 Aug 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

I've been up a couple of times - they are definitely collecting and charging. I like to think that my £2 will find it's way to the wages of the poor man in the midge net or to the continually impressive path building. I don't feel that it's a lot of money compared to my cake budget and it certainly won't make any difference to the massive black hole in which the funicular floats.

DaveHK 07 Aug 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

> Yes, I would love to turn up and try to argue the point with them,

No point in arguing with the attendant, surely better to email the bosses?

In reply to dmhigg:

Well considering the path from the sugar bowl still hasn't even been looked at, I'm not convinced about the path building credentials.

I don't have a cake budget!

No, I won't contribute to such a shambles of an organisation who don't appear to be taking the concerns of locals into consideration at all. It's not just about the amount, I won't support them at all.

Joak 08 Aug 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

I parked there in July and set of at approx 0830. The person or persons employed to take the two quid doesn't start until 0900. Apparently there is no pay and display ticket involved. My day out via the Loch Avon basin didn't cost me a bean.  

dmhigg 08 Aug 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

I sympathise entirely with your point of view....but they are still employing locals. My £2 is to maintain that employment. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...