Cadair Idris Car Park (North Side)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bowls 24 Aug 2021

Question wrt the car park on the North Side of Cadair Idris, the one which is about 1km beyond the Llyn Gwernan Hotel.  How full does this tend to get, i.e. if you are not there early on in the day is it difficult to get space there?  The only alternative I can see is a long walk up the lane from Dolgellau if it is full.

Any advice (other than get there early, because I can't) appreciated.
Thanks 

In reply to bowls:

There's an overflow field. I've never failed to park there, don't sweat it.

Myfyr Tomos 24 Aug 2021
In reply to bowls:

The Ty Nant carpark will take about 35 cars on the tarmac,. There is also an overspill field (courtesey of local farm) which, if the parking is tidy, will take another 100... ish cars. Parking costs £6 all day, coins only - a very old machine and no phone/ electrical connections. Contrary to rumour, the overspill is not locked at the end of the day, but the gate may be closed if there are sheep in the field. Parking hardly ever a problem.

Post edited at 21:28
 Forest Dump 24 Aug 2021
In reply to bowls:

I once got horrendously misplaced using that Dolgellau lane to access the ridge, wading through thigh high man eating vegetation...would not reccomend!

GrahamD 25 Aug 2021
In reply to bowls:

The overflow car park is massive !  pay and display meter needs coins, not cards.  I'm pretty sure its not NT.

Myfyr Tomos 25 Aug 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

Ty Nant carpark is owned by the Snowdonia National Park Authority.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...