Buttermere, Haystacks and Fleetwith Pike

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 briansy 03 Oct 2022

Hi all, I had an amazing day doing this hike in August - it was originally supposed to be just Buttermere and Haystacks but I was so entranced by the heathery landscape on my way down from Haystacks that I missed  the turn to head back to Buttermere and carried on to Fleetwith pike and descended to Buttermere from there.

https://www.walklakes.co.uk/walk_27.html  is most of the route but I started from Buttermere so it's just this loop plus adding on Buttermere. 

I would say that this was my favourite hike of all the ones I did in the Lake District due to the sheer variety and beauty. Plus it was much quieter than the likes of Helvellyn which I still loved and was so glad I did anticlockwise against the crowds.

Will add pics now

Post edited at 11:15

OP briansy 03 Oct 2022

More pics...

OP briansy 03 Oct 2022

And more...

OP briansy 03 Oct 2022
OP briansy 03 Oct 2022

I wonder if I'm going to get told off for posting all these pics. I didn't really think descriptions were necessary as the pics describe the scene sufficiently!!

mostlyrambling 03 Oct 2022
In reply to briansy:

> I wonder if I'm going to get told off for posting all these pics. I didn't really think descriptions were necessary as the pics describe the scene sufficiently!!

I hope not - I really enjoyed looking at them. It's a beautiful corner of the Lake District.

kmsands 03 Oct 2022
In reply to briansy:

What I remember about Haystacks is the odd way the shortest fell in the area somehow feels like the biggest fell in the area.

If you like classic fells by less-trodden paths, try Great Gable from Seathwaite, starting up Sour Milk Gill and Gillercombe and over Green Gable.

OP briansy 03 Oct 2022
In reply to kmsands:

Amazing, km, I'll take recommendations like that all day long.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...