Bleaklow on Monday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blunderbuss 08 Nov 2019

Dry weather forecast between now and Monday but considering the rain yesterday what are the chances of Bleaklow being anything other than a quagmire on Monday?

Am I being hopelessly optimistic? 

In reply to Blunderbuss:

Which bits? There's a paved slab path pretty much all the way from the A57. 

Post edited at 18:14
Lusk 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Blunderbuss:

Looking at the forecast on Windy, it's going to be a bit grim!

OP Blunderbuss 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

Would probably be via the northern approach up the right side of that big clough whose name escapes me atm... 

TobyA 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Blunderbuss:

If you come from either Snake Pass or longendale you should be fine following the the Pennine Way. It's mainly a decent path, from any other direction I suspect it will be a huge bog.

> If you come from either Snake Pass or longendale you should be fine following the the Pennine Way. It's mainly a decent path, from any other direction I suspect it will be a huge bog.

This, though with the re-seeding, the plateau itself is surprisingly good nowadays.

I presume the really big clough you mean is Torside, which is as TobyA mentions - good on the PW.

toad 09 Nov 2019
In reply to TobyA:

In fairness, its supposed to be a huge bog

In reply to Blunderbuss:

> Dry weather forecast between now and Monday but considering the rain yesterday what are the chances of Bleaklow being anything other than a quagmire on Monday?

> Am I being hopelessly optimistic? 

The weather is given to be grim today and after all the water we've had probably not ideal even if you like adventure. 

Lusk 11 Nov 2019
In reply to Blunderbuss:

Did you go? Pics required if you did.

Apart for about an hour this morning, it was minging here in Manc and heading East fast!

OP Blunderbuss 11 Nov 2019
In reply to Lusk:

No, ground was still sodden in Wakefield so god knows what it was like up there... 

steveb2006 12 Nov 2019
In reply to Blunderbuss:

Was a lovely day in the Peak on Sunday, though stayed on the higher limestone areas well S of Bleaklow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...