Are Outdoor Shops allowed to open

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 15 Mar 2021

My Son of 24 has all of a sudden decided that walking up hills is not as ridiculous an idea as he thought at 16, and has been asking me questions on the topic, and informed me that he was off to Winfields to buy some boots, which surprised me as I thought they would be shut, but no, they are open. I have now checked out the Go Outdoors website, and they appear to be open, or at any rate they do not say they are closed. However Decathlons website says their Stores are shut due to Covid.

I find this a touch confusing.

Andy Hardy 15 Mar 2021
In reply to J1234:

Decathlon is open for click and collections - no browsing allowed, don't see why GO should be open if Decathlon can't

toad 15 Mar 2021
In reply to J1234:

There's an odd loophole around bike shops, so places like Ultimate Outdoors remained open because part of their shop sold bikes. Don't know if this is still the case as I haven't been since Jan

J1234 15 Mar 2021
In reply to toad:

That makes a lot of sense, though Decathlon are a huge bike retailer, so if anyone could open they could . Possibly they put Covid safety before profit.

ALF_BELF 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Was open for browsing the other day in Sheffield. It was very, very exciting that browsing time.

ebygomm 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Giltbrook (Nottingham) Decathlon is open, not just limited to click and collect

Andy Hardy 15 Mar 2021
In reply to ebygomm:

Maybe it's been relaxed since last week, when I collected a pair of boots 🙂

Tyler 15 Mar 2021
In reply to J1234:

Winfields do workwear so I think they are allowed to open. 

annieman 15 Mar 2021
In reply to J1234:

Decathlon in Telford closed (No Bikes- I think) Decathlon Wednesfield Open, bikes galore.

GrantM 15 Mar 2021
In reply to J1234:

Decathlon Glasgow have bikes, they were click & collect only till last week but you can now browse.

ianstevens 16 Mar 2021
In reply to toad:

The bike shop “loophole” is in place so people who cycle to work can buy parts the keep bikes maintained. Same as car garages and the like.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...