Aonach Eagach or curved ridge or an tellac or cr

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hey so I’m planning on going Scotland 

im wondering what I should do out of an tellach curved ridge castle ridge Aonach Eagach and maybe a chir but heard there was an absail on it and before people start bitching at me yes I’ve read guide books and all that shit just wondering for you’re opinions also ill probably be soloing them 

my experience is Crib Goch tryfan north ridge and Bastow buttress I think Crib Lem 2 times don’t know why it’s a pretty shit walk in that awful zig zag path anyway I degress I also done bristly ridge gordale scar crib y dsgy Y Garn east ridge pinnacle ridge st Sunday crag 

and to add im absolutely fine with exposure and I’ll get up anything what has decent hand holds the thing I hate that most is walking tho going up hill is just the worst so preferably the one what has the least walking but it doesn’t have to be the routes I said u can say what one suites better

In reply to Cneifion Arête:

If you thought the Crib Lem walkin was shit you'll hate aonach eagach. Massive steep walk to the start and then long sections of walking on the ridge with relatively little in the way of scrambling. Much better in winter. Curved ridge is much more sustained with better scrambling and a shorter approach. Castle ridge also has a long approach and is a great route in an impressive position but is serious and, given your lack of climbing experience, you should definitely take a rope and gear and learn to use them first. I haven't done the other routes on your list.

Mike-W-99 21 Aug 2020
In reply to pancakeandchips:

And An Teallach has an even longer walk-in and out But its a magnificent place to be in.

Harry Jarvis 21 Aug 2020

> and to add im absolutely fine with exposure and I’ll get up anything what has decent hand holds the thing I hate that most is walking tho going up hill is just the worst so preferably the one what has the least walking but it doesn’t have to be the routes I said u can say what one suites better

If you're really keen on experiencing good scrambles, you may have to overcome your aversion to walking. For example, An Teallach is a hillwalk with a bit of scrambling; Castle Ridge requires a walk to the start and a longer walk back; Aonach Eagach is mostly walking. If you really don't want to walk, Curved Ridge is probably your best bet, but does still involve a bit of a slog to get to the base. It's a fine outing. 

Most scrambles in Scotland require walk-ins of some length. 

Le Sapeur 21 Aug 2020

How many years of free schooling did you receive?

Doug 21 Aug 2020
In reply to Harry Jarvis:

I can't think of any Scottish scrambles that don't involve a longish walk, maybe Fiacaill Coire an t-Sneachda has the shortest approach walk but the scrambling isn't very long compared to eg An Teallach. I wonder which of the classics has the highest proportion of scrambling as part of the day out ?

Harry Jarvis 21 Aug 2020
In reply to Doug:

> I can't think of any Scottish scrambles that don't involve a longish walk,

Indeed. In my mind, scrambling is just another part of hillwalking which gets a bit adventurous at times. 

> maybe Fiacaill Coire an t-Sneachda has the shortest approach walk but the scrambling isn't very long compared to eg An Teallach. I wonder which of the classics has the highest proportion of scrambling as part of the day out ?

Interesting thought. Probably something on Ben Nevis, but only because the scrambles are longer than anywhere else, rather than the walks being shorter. 

timparkin 21 Aug 2020

I've been looking at the Meall Cumhann traverse recently and it gets a good write up, has a small walk in and out and takes in some of the most scenic parts of the area (the views into Steall, back down Glen Nevis and over to Ben Nevis are stunning). Also, if you get to the top and thing "I need to walk some more" you can get up Ben Nevis from there. It also seems to have lots of variations and you can make it as hard as you like up to Mod. 

http://www.kevinwoods.co.uk/all-mountains/2014/20140408cumhainn/

https://wildmountainguides.co.uk/meall-cumhann-scramble/

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/meall_cumhann-3082/meall_cumhann_t...

I’d suggest something on the buachaille, since the car park is already at 300m and close to the start of the routes

perhaps north buttress, 300m if scrambling in a day with 5.5km overall walking distance and 750m total ascent. By descending curved ridge brings scrambling to 540m.

Or if Dubhs ridge counts as a scramble, then that probably wins, as long as you’re allowed to take the boat from Elgol....

In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

I think going by boat from Elgol is all part of the experience when doing the Dubhs ridge; otherwise it's a VERY long (and not particularly interesting) walk from the Sligachan.

Prof. Outdoors 21 Aug 2020

Clarification .

When you say you will be soloing them do you mean unroped or that you will be going alone? All of the scrambles will require walking and good navigation skills, especially as Scotland weather is particularly changeable.

I would recommend anyone considering these scrambles not to just have movement on rock skills but also the navigation skills and mountain knowledge to get up and down the hill safely.

Post edited at 10:19
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Would it not be shorter to access from the Elgol road via camasunary? And more interesting - ‘bad step’ to cross

still longer than the boat though ! 

Hmmm I get what u mean but f*ck dubs ridge if I’m going Isle of Skye I’ll just buy ropes and go up the best route of the uk cuilin ridge traverse 

Post edited at 12:01

Ok so I think curved ridge it is north buttress looks no way near as good I’m fine with flat walking or verry easy hills it’s just those steep horrible zig zag paths I hate and the scree paths 

Also what’s the a chir route like ?

Doug 21 Aug 2020

A long time since I climbed Curved Ridge in summer but I'm sure I remember an approach that zigzagged quite a bit plus the scrambling ends a little below Crowberry Tower & that from there the path to the top is up a scree filled gully for quite a bit. Maybe wait till winter if you want to avoid the scree, but it won't be a grade III scramble or an Easy rock climb

Post edited at 12:16
In reply to Doug:

You can traverse across the gulley and scramble up to the top of crowberry tower (highly recommended, an awesome spot) and then back down, into the gap and then up the other side. From there you're not far from the summit at all. Very little scree plodding involved.

Dunno, not done it. Widely reported to have a difficult and exposed down climb which is often abseiled. Others here will be able to speak from more direct experience

In reply to Doug:

I thought curved ridge was 2/3 but when u get to the top of  crowsberry tower can u come down cuz When i get to the end of a scramble I always avoid going the summit it’s like another 10 mins of walking and the summits are always crazy busy especially snowdon when I do Crib Goch I always come down at the end of crib y dsygy then go down the pyg track 

Post edited at 12:16

It’s not that crowsbery tower on that wall what beggins with a r is it cuz that’s graded a severe rock climb 

Oh ok it looks a interesting route I think it’s only a moderate to so it must be easier then cnefion Arete cuz that’s a diff 

In reply to Doug:

Also the exit slopes above the ridge and up to the gap behind crowberry tower need careful avalanche assessment in winter

alternative is to track round to the upper part of crowberry ridge after finishing curved ridge- another ? 100m of sustained grade 2 scrambling, very exposed and harder to protect if moving together with rope. Spectacular finish on the top of crowberry tower. 

doesnt get away from the loose zig zagging path to the start of CR, or down again through coire na tulaich though! 

Post edited at 12:25

You probably won’t die if you fall off the diff bit of CA as it’s the first pitch off the ground. I get the impression you will if you fall off the bad step on A Chir, and rounded granite isn’t the most reassuring of rocks. I’d be roping up if I did it

Ah- you beat me to it! 

I’ve done both. North Buttress is longer, harder and I think better than Curved ridge. 

just an opinion, others are available 

Andy Hardy 21 Aug 2020

Have you got the maps of the areas you're talking about? and can you use them + a compass?

Harry Jarvis 21 Aug 2020

> Oh ok it looks a interesting route I think it’s only a moderate to so it must be easier then cnefion Arete cuz that’s a diff 

I wouldn't get too hung up on grades. If you're remotely competent, you can do North Buttress and Curved Ridge on the same day. The suggestion of Buachaille Etive Mor is very good - there are plenty of options fro linking from one route to another. 

Are you thinking of the path above the waterfall at the very start of the crib lem spur? It’s a steep little path, yes, but surely only about 100m long! 

Unfortunately walking uphill is quite common in mountain walking. 

Have you looked at the North Face of the Uxbridge Road? That might fit the bill in terms of steepness. 

kathrync 21 Aug 2020

> Hmmm I get what u mean but f*ck dubs ridge if I’m going Isle of Skye I’ll just buy ropes and go up the best route of the uk cuilin ridge traverse 

That seems very dismissive - the Cuillin range has a lot of good classic scrambles and easy rock climbs that are not part of the main ridge traverse.  In many cases they are better and less busy than the main ridge.  The Dubhs ridge is probably one of the best of these, although it's definitely something I would carry a rope on. Dismissing Skye scrambles because they aren't on the main ridge means missing out on some really good days out.

Doug 21 Aug 2020
In reply to kathrync:

I regret I never did the Dubhs ridge when I lived in Scotland, but do have fond memories of Pinacle Ridge, especially the first time when, thinking it was 'just' a scramble, we didn't take a rope. The abseil was fun, the downclimb seemed as hard as anything on the main ridge (was mid week, no one else around & we had no description)

Prof. Outdoors 21 Aug 2020
In reply to Stuart Williams:

I believe it is accessible or even desirable to approach without use of a car.

i may be thinking of another route on buchalie then because I thought north buttress was a grade 2

I just looked I thought u ment the broad buttress route sorry

Post edited at 13:18
 Johnhi 21 Aug 2020
In reply to kathrync:

Honestly could the Dubhs ridge to be hugely overrated, with very little interesting ground prior to the abseil.  Found the traverse of Clach Glas and Blaven to be on another level entirely, something like a round of Corrie Lagan makes a much more interesting day out too.

Well yes that 100 meter bit but also once you’re at the top of Carnedd Dafydd I went up carnedd lywelyn and Yr Elen then once you’re at the bottom of Yr Elen it’s a horrible 5 mile walk to the car through fields 

Ye that’s the one I thought u ment 

I don’t do winter climbing I want to do curved ridge in summer whats curved ridge like compared to pinnacle ridge st Sunday crag because I found that verry easy 

kathrync 21 Aug 2020
In reply to Johnhi:

Each to their own - I enjoyed it

Curved ridge is longer and in a more serious setting. Hardest sections comparable in difficulty, but on CR they can’t be bypassed, whereas on Pinnacle ridge  can outflank the hard part in the gully to the left. Escape from CR more difficult- it’s the easiest passage through harder ground. Finding the start not straightforward in poor visibility on either, but with PR you’ll just end up frustratedly walking around a slope in the mist, with CR you can (and people do) end up on a neighbouring severe rock climb. Also, unless you reverse CR getting off the top of the buachaille is more serious than getting off st Sunday crag. It’s also 500ft higher, colder, windier.

and the view from the top is better... Buachaille has a claim to be the ‘best’ mountain in the UK...

Harry Jarvis 21 Aug 2020

> and the view from the top is better... Buachaille has a claim to be the ‘best’ mountain in the UK...

Controversial! I think it might just about make it into my top 10 for Scotland. 

graeme jackson 21 Aug 2020

> Curved ridge .. Finding the start not straightforward in poor visibility on either, 

I'd suggest it's not that straightforward in bright sunlight either, me and my mate having ended up doing a winter ascent of D gully buttress instead (quite a common mistake I believe).

Ok thank you for the info what are the hand holds like ?

On north buttress? It was 15 years ago, I can’t remember specific holds, but it’s only grade 3/moderate so they will be ample. 

However. Its steep, and very exposed, especially at the crux passage where you have to step out of the chimney system it follows onto the face to the right. There’s no way I’d have been doing that without a rope; unlike curved ridge, where the steep sections are above good ledges, if you fell there you’d go a long, long way. Not the place to be pushing the grade.

Post edited at 14:46

I love these sort of discussions...!

Buachaille’s got great hillwalking (coire na tulaich route was one of my first hill walks, left a profound impression), classic scrambles, classic rock routes through the grades from Agag’s groove up to stuff I’ll never even get to the bottom of on slime wall, and classic winter routes. Plus, the view from the top is as good as it gets, and if I was to ask my kids to draw a mountain, they’d produce something that looked a lot like the Buachaille... 

it’s a photo finish between it, Snowdon, and The Ben, in my book... 

Post edited at 14:55

Ok thank you I still need to buy myself a rope

> Would it not be shorter to access from the Elgol road via camasunary? And more interesting - ‘bad step’ to cross

Ah yes. I'd forgotten about that. Done that too, in fact two or three times. Bad step fun, not too serious at all.

Yes if you’re keen on doing a lot of this then it’s worth the investment 

but- you’ll also need helmet/harness and a range of protection- metal wedges and tape slings- and learn how to use them. And a partner to climb with...

but: once you’ve made the initial investment then it opens up masses you can do. 

learning to use the gear is key- I faffed around on obscure lakes grade 2s in the rain with my brother till we felt we knew what we were doing and weren’t a complete hazard and embarrassment. Lots of mileage on easy routes on Yorkshire and peak gritstone. We soon got to the stage where we could move together with running belays in grade 3/mod ground like Clogwyn y person as fast as if we were soloing- but felt much more secure for a coward like me....

another great place to ‘learn the ropes’ is around tryfan- little tryfan has lots of easy rock climbs where you can learn to place gear and build belays, and tryfan itself has lots of scrambly long routes on its east face to get mileage in.

you mentioned you go with your dad- would be best to involve him, indeed you’ll likely have to as the gear isn’t cheap. I’m looking forward to my kids being old enough to go and do stuff like this with them.

best wishes with it - it’ll change your life... 

ps strongly consider going on a course- mixed views here but I think they can ‘fast track’ your progress learning how to route find and manage protection, and are good fun. May be complications if you are under 18, but again your dad will likely be involved as once again they aren’t cheap (but the ones I did were money well spent)

Post edited at 16:21
 gravy 21 Aug 2020

IIRC A'Chir done south to north has an airy steep down climb and there is an abseil point on the east side which requires a 25m rope (ie 10-12m vertically) (I think I had a 17m rope and had to improvise something to get down and retrieve my gear.  I think there was some manky tat and pegs to ab from.

Once down I could see the climb from the bottom and it was easy but from the top you've no visibility and the position is relatively serious. Either go with someone who knows the route or go armed with enough spare and the gear to do this safely.

My guidebook grades this a "mod" on the climbing scale but most of it is airy scrambling with some impressively steep drops and lots of granite roundness.

So for the OP - probably not a good bet at the moment.  There's no point in having a rope if you don't know how to use it and effective use on scrambling / alpine terrain is something that calls for experience as well as technical know-how.

Also it has a long, steep and soggy approach (but it's worth it).

Ha ha, yeah coming down off Yr Elen into the bog isn’t the most inspiring bit of walking, true! I think that loop is probably better as a run than a walk tbh. 

J101 21 Aug 2020
In reply to gravy:

The downclimb from South to North is to a ledge on the east side, the ledge then runs along narrowing down to a rib, whilst just to make things better a rib above it protrudes further out giving you progressively less and less headroom. It is quite easy to get wedged if you're carrying too much in your rucksack. Fair warning here - granite is really really bloody abrasive and will quite happily hole your nice expensive jacket and rucksack, best to out the jacket away for this one.

By now you're astride the rib swimming along it until you can swing over the side and step down to the ground. At this point you're in a notch, and I've always seen people abseil direct into this notch, not to the ledge. You then climb out of the notch on the other side.

If you go north to south you get the added fun of trying to get onto the rib which is technically hard but quite close to the ground, you definitely look quite comical for anyone watching (having been laughed at and done the laughing myself).

That's the bad step, although I find the leap of faith just before that (south-north) where you have to hop over the sheer drop far more unnerving.

I'll add the hardest part of the whole ridge is trying to gain the summit block if you're on your own. Not many holds there!

It's not an easy undertaking and should not be underestimated, finding the correct way down even before the bad step is difficult and important to get right. If it's in clag then it becomes much harder and wandering off the sides would have very serious consequences. I agree it's best done with someone who's been before and knows the route or as a pair with protection.

Post edited at 17:35

Ye although the amount of times i fell into a swamp by coming down grass hills is to much lol

This is random but what do u guys think of these lyrics I wrote for my new song 

Smoke in my lungs I can’t breathe

Shawty so good wit the top make me weak

One of the few that been solid for me

Don’t need to think  cuz I know

Never worried about a hoe

I been on road

Don’t know wear to go

But ima go like a ghost

Ima go woah woah

Pop out in a ghost can’t see that boy no more

Woah woah woah

Hit that gas and coast

Roll it up and smoke got me twisted

Smoke in the air f*cking up my vision

Me and my bros been on the same shit since we was kids

Had to jump out the building

Go and get the cheese

Why them dudes be talking about me

That shits hella week

Challenges like a mountain

Find me on the peak

Remember when I was broke

Can’t wait until I’m counting

Having green helps me sleep

I can’t get enough dream about it like sheep

He thought he was tough bro had enough

Took his bitch and laid her right up on the sheets

He talking beef but never wanna meet

I ain’t ever hiding find me in the mountians

Smoke in my lungs I can’t breathe

Shawty so good with the top make me weak

One of the few that been solid for me

Don’t need to think cuz I know

Never worried about a hoe

I been on road

Don’t know we’re to go

But ima go oh no

He thought I was silent shhh

Till he heard a loud bang

Talk on my name

And my bros get u dyin

I’m never dying never trying

Psychedelics got me permaflying

I feel ashamed

Caught you lying

Think im

Stuck in my ways

Now we’re dividing

Knew you were a lame

I should’ve known you were never riding

And still I stay up in my lane

Feel like I’m flying but I’m driving

I’ll pop these percs it’s suicide and

Enroute to my grave but I don’t mind it

John Ww 22 Aug 2020

How about adding some supplementary lyrics...

"I'm luvin UKC, its evrifing to me

I'm actin reely kool,  a hero tryna be

But wot i don' get, is they haven' work out yet

And nobody gunna fret, or waste any sweat 

If I just stop posting utter shite

(Ok, i just lost interest in the last bit - just as most of us have lost interest in reading the neverending bollocks that you post)

Prof. Outdoors 22 Aug 2020

Not my forte to comment about how good or bad the lyrics are.

I would suggest that posting lyrics in a topic talking about scrambling in Scotland may not be the most appropriate post.

Maybe create a separate post in the forum "Off-belay" where those interested in this kind of thing can choose to reply. You may want feedback on your rapping skills but you risk being vilified by putting them in your Scotland scrambling post.

Lankyman 22 Aug 2020

> This is random but what do u guys think of these lyrics I wrote for my new song 

More of an old rocker myself so not really my cup of Rosie. Here's a nice tune you could put it to though

youtube.com/watch?v=QqEmAsUXVJY&

I can just see you and your bros getting well down with it.

In reply to Lankyman:

Na bro I don’t rate that 

this type of music is the best music 

youtube.com/watch?v=cGR-qU6T5JU&

Sik world is the best 

In reply to Lankyman:

The only rock music I like is bring me the horizon and linkin Park 

webbo 22 Aug 2020

You need to keep working hard at school as you aren’t going to make it in the music world with lyrics like “ Go and get the cheese”

Doug 22 Aug 2020
In reply to webbo:

Don't be so sure, this was part of a top 10 hit

"There were plants, and birds
And rocks, and things"

admitedly in the 1970s

This is why people call you a troll. You actually had a sensible conversation going here and you sabotage it with nonsense. 

But as for feedback on the lyrics there are a couple of things that come to mind:

1) Women aren’t property. Don’t talk about them like they are. It’s repulsive. 

2) No one respects a fake gangster. Unless this is actually your life, it’s nonsense. The only people who pull this off are those talking from experience. Pretending to be some hard ass gangster is just laughable and lacks any feeling or depth. Sing about what you know, not some made up bs that you think makes you sound cool. It’ll not only be better, but you’ll have more to write about.

3) It doesn’t make much sense. It just jumps from one rap cliche to the next. Good rappers tell a story.

4) I guess it’s not even worth mentioning spelling and punctuation?

You’re welcome. 

felt 22 Aug 2020

Ain't nuthin but a UKC thang, baby

webbo 22 Aug 2020
In reply to Doug:

But there’s no cheese in it.

Your bars are weak,

The sentiment is cheap,

Put me on the mic

And I’d slay you in my sleep. 

In reply to webbo:

Go and get the cheese means go and get The money 

this is one of my best songs 

youtube.com/watch?v=4l7jmYz8R8c&

Unless u can do better than that u can’t say shit

Oh come on! Don’t ask for feedback if you’re gonna get whiney! What were you expecting?

All these preambles about scrambles,

Are making forumites prickly like brambles. 

Man wants to hear our applause,

But his rhyming just bores,

When he gets on the mic all you’re gonna hear is snores. 

Let’s here u rap then 

Andy Hardy 22 Aug 2020
In reply to Doug:

> Don't be so sure, this was part of a top 10 hit

> "There were plants, and birds

> And rocks, and things"

> admitedly in the 1970s

The 70s also gave us meisterwerks such as "chirpy chirpy cheep cheep" and the Smurfs song...

Lankyman 22 Aug 2020

> this is one of my best songs 

I am speechless

Man reckons he's a G,

Cos he stole mum's Eminem CD.,

But the only gangster thing about him,

Is his vocabulary.

He won't listen to the feedback,

That his rhymes are all whack.

Look, I'm sorry to tell you,

That you just ain't got the knack.

Yo his name is Stewart  

His  f*cking stupid

He needs a word with Cupid 

Cuz he ent getting no girls with that hairline

ok fine it’s my time to shine 

I’m about to put Stuart in the grave 

after I kill him  with the bars 

this shits funny grown man tryna diss me 

I kill the rap game bro says I’m the illest 

go into Stewart’s dreams like Freddy Krueger 

this diss Gonna traumatise him all night 

the end 

Post edited at 20:06
In reply to Lankyman:

Ty Bro

Call that a diss?

Swing and a miss.

He thinks he knows cupid,

But he's never felt a kiss.

I was wondering where you went,

took your time to write a rhyme,

But then I guess it's getting late, 

Must be past your bed time.

tehmarks 22 Aug 2020

> Hey so I’m planning on going Scotland 

> im wondering what I should do out of an tellach curved ridge castle ridge Aonach Eagach and maybe a chir...

The line that you think seems most fun!?

Seriously, at some point you're going to have to get off your armchair and actually do something. Preferably, the line that's screaming out to your inner artist; the one that looks and sounds most aesthetically appealing. The one that you look at and go 'oh my, I must do this!'.

webbo 22 Aug 2020

> Go and get the cheese means go and get The money 

It won’t where you are from. 

CA thinks he’s all that,

Thinks he can write a “sick burn”,

But he’s nowhere to be seen,

When it comes to his turn!

Have you considered a career,

As a magician and entertainer?

With a vanishing act like that,

The circus should keep you on retainer.

Your hairline gag was alright,

But don’t let that go to your head,

You’ve got some work to do,

Before your rapping will keep you fed. 

I hope you’re not sulking,

I was only having a laugh,

So put your big boy pants on,

Let’s hear your best paragraph. 

Ayo tw*t what’s youre insta 

Wow, sore loser. 

What’s Instagram got to do with anything?

Yo yo you act like you on road 

only thing u cooking up is stew 

shits crazy you’re twice my age 

but I’ve still had more sex than u 

yo I twist it open like Fanta 

big bro this is just banta

but  I was out late serving snow like Santa 

Crazy how shit changed 

went from snapping girls to beefing grown men

stewart Thinks he’s the better rapper 

he’s the better capper 

Dm me 

Bulls Crack 22 Aug 2020

A Chir ridge is great but has relatively few good handholds and is quite tricky in places if the crest is stuck to. The walk-in is fine

In reply to Bulls Crack:

Hey thank you mate 

so would u say u reed ropes for it?

> Dm me 

No thanks. Feel free to say whatever it is you want here though. 

And why won’t u dm me is it cuz u just want attention 

Because it’s a really strange thing for you to ask me to do. I have nothing I want to say to you privately, so why would I “dm” you? 

How is it verry strange it’s normal i prefer dming people cuz everyone here hates me so then they will probably start arguing with me then to 

I can’t stop you from messaging me. But  I don’t have anything I need to message you privately about. It’s a bit weird to be asking me to message you when I have no reason to.

Fine I’ll say it here do u wanna make a song you’re bars are hard g 

I’m very flattered, but I think I’m committed to some other projects at the moment. 

Post edited at 00:19

Ok well if you’re ever interested in a track 

my mountain insta is walesmountainscrambles

Post edited at 00:28
 Lankyman 23 Aug 2020

> Yo yo you act like you on road 

> only thing u cooking up is stew 

> shits crazy you’re twice my age 

> but I’ve still had more sex than u 

> yo I twist it open like Fanta 

> big bro this is just banta

> but  I was out late serving snow like Santa 

> Crazy how shit changed 

> went from snapping girls to beefing grown men

> stewart Thinks he’s the better rapper 

> he’s the better capper 

Do you wear your baseball cap backwards?

timparkin 23 Aug 2020

> this is one of my best songs 

> Unless u can do better than that u can’t say shit

My Rhymes are Potent!!

youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&

profitofdoom 23 Aug 2020

> Yo his name is Stewart  

> His  f*cking stupid

> He needs a word with Cupid 

> Cuz he ent getting no girls with that hairline

> ok fine it’s my time to shine 

> I’m about to put Stuart in the grave 

> after I kill him  with the bars 

> this shits funny grown man tryna diss me 

> I kill the rap game bro says I’m the illest 

> go into Stewart’s dreams like Freddy Krueger 

> this diss Gonna traumatise him all night 

> the end 

Your garbage is getting worse

I would hardly have believed that was possible, but you've managed it

Bulls Crack 23 Aug 2020

I can't really say! Going N to S probably more secure that descending the Bad Step

Lankyman 24 Aug 2020
In reply to timparkin:

> My Rhymes are Potent!!

Rick Astley, a towering figure in the early development of rap, grime and drill. Watch and weep, young Mr Arete.

in  reply to Lankyman:

what’s rick astley 

What is Rick Astley? A man? A legend? A pioneer? A prince among men who’s name is uttered in hushed tones by us mere mortals? 

All of this and more. 

Wainers44 24 Aug 2020

Look, some of your posts have been a bit odd and to be honest a bit of a worry to some of us. But dont fret, we're never going to give up, let you down....

timparkin 24 Aug 2020
In reply to Lankyman:

> Rick Astley, a towering figure in the early development of rap, grime and drill. Watch and weep, young Mr Arete.

People will never be true grime fam without understanding the enormous contribution The Reek! made to the subculture of sub SAW garage. Here, famous hip hop trio Migos pay tribute to the classic Never Gonna Dis You Up! with a remix in true house style. 

youtube.com/watch?v=XAg2rtpo4Mw&

AMorris 24 Aug 2020

This has been the weirdest thread I have read on the site in a long time, and there has been strong competition with the lockdown boredom people went through a couple of months back.

A somewhat unsettling discussion about Scottish scrambling culminating in a 10 post rap battle. Amazing. There is hope for UKC forums yet!

Lankyman 24 Aug 2020
In reply to timparkin:

> People will never be true grime fam without understanding the enormous contribution The Reek! made to the subculture of sub SAW garage. Here, famous hip hop trio Migos pay tribute to the classic Never Gonna Dis You Up! with a remix in true house style.  youtube.com/watch?v=XAg2rtpo4Mw&

Straight outta Newton-le-Willows!

In reply to Lankyman:

today’s been a great day i went out for a run and this peng girl came up to me saying is this my rap name not saying it for privacy reasons but if u wanna know it dm me anyways i digress so i said ye then she said i’m a big fan btw this girl is a complete stranger but she was verry pretty and i’d say she is like 15 ,16 so anyway after she said i’m a fan i was like thank you then i went on with run then when i finished my lap i seen her again and she asked for a hug so obviously i said ye i took the w anyway then when i got back home i opened my snap and seen a message from this girl called phoebe so i opened it and she said hey x then she said i’m that girl from the place i ran at so then i said hey x and that’s were i’m at so far do u recon i’m taking the w or l

John Ww 25 Aug 2020

“Wake up son, your breakfast’s ready”.

Lankyman 25 Aug 2020
In reply to John Ww:

> “Wake up son, your breakfast’s ready”.

Time to change the sheets again?

John Ww 25 Aug 2020
In reply to Lankyman:

“And why is there always a sock in your bed son?” 😂

profitofdoom 25 Aug 2020

> today’s been a great day.... this peng girl came up to me.... this girl is a complete stranger but she was verry pretty.... she asked for a hug.... i opened my snap and seen a message from this girl called phoebe so i opened it and she said hey x

It's not even good fiction

Try harder - please note that UKC readers are not a bunch of naive teenagers

bouldery bits 25 Aug 2020

I'm the mother flippin' rhymenocerous
My beats are fat
And the birds are on my back
And I'm horny, I'm horny
If you choose to proceed
You will indeed concede
'Cause I hit you with my flow
The wild rhino stampede
I'm not just wild, I'm trained, domesticated
I was raised by a rapper and rhino that dated
And subsequently procreated
That's how it goes

Here's the Hiphopopotamus
The hip hop hippo

They call me the Hiphopopotamus
My lyrics are bottomless

Sometimes our rhymes are polite
"Like, thank you for the dinner Ms. Wright
That was very delicious, goodnight"
Sometimes they're obscene
Like a pornographic dream
NC-17 with ladies in a stream of margarine
Hahahahaha yeah, some margarine

They call me the Hiphopopotamus
Flows that glow like phosphorous
Poppin' off the top of this esophagus
Rockin' this metropolis
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal
Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis?
Did Steve tell you that, perchance?
Steve

My rhymes and records, they don't get played
Because my records and rhymes, they don't get made
And if you rap like me you don't get paid
And if you roll like me you don't get laid

My rhymes are so potent that in this small segment
I made all of the ladies in the area pregnant
Yeah, sometimes my lyrics are sexist
But you lovely bitches and hoes should know
I'm trying to correct this

Other rappers diss me
Say my rhymes are sissy
Why? Why? Why? What?
Why exactly?
What? Why?
Be more constructive
With your feedback, please
Why? Why?

Why? 'Cause I rap about reality
Like me and my grandma drinkin' a cup of tea
There ain't no party like my nana's tea party
Hey, ho

In reply to bouldery bits:

yo g i rate u staying real to you’re self but smoke some weed with you’re grandma instead of a cuppa also a update to that girl she said she wants to be my freind just need to know if she wants to smoke a blunt with me if so she’s a keeper 

In reply to John Ww:

i mean i think you’re making a new inbwetweeners movie but anyway i got some bad news about that girl she said she’s sorry about hugging me she said she thought it was weird  is that bad she said that 

McHeath 26 Aug 2020

> she thought it was weird  is that bad she said that 

Yes. Bit of advice: get to an indoor climbing wall and do a course. You've hit your ceiling already with scrambling, you need to learn about ropes and how to use them. And there'll be loads of girls there. 

In reply to McHeath:

hmm yes ima take the girl up a mountain she never done one before i may take her up cnefion arete or crib goch or bastow buttress if she don’t like heights i’ll take her up bastow buttress if she likes heights crib goch if she’s fun and likes adventure i’ll take her up cnefion arete and maybe even then come down onto dolmen ridge a great first date 

profitofdoom 26 Aug 2020

> ......i got some bad news about that girl......

"News"? You mean fiction

When you were writing about scrambles and mountains it might have been mildly interesting to some UKC readers. Please put your bad fiction into your school magazine (assuming you're school age, which I do not)

hang_about 26 Aug 2020

There appears to be some confusion. 'Rapping' is what our good friends across the pond use as a term for abseiling. 

fmck 26 Aug 2020

Achir is to me an incredible little known expedition. Probably the best mainland ridge in Scotland. (Not done much south of the border) Think Skye ridge in miniature. 

I did it as a school boy in winter conditions in the early 80s. We made a mistake of doing it North to South. Spent way too long on the difficult section and did finish with a sh#t torch between us. My mate didnt even have an ice axe just the pole off a swing ball he used to stab the snow. Its still up there he dropped it down gully 3 or there abouts. Its not regarded as a munro, corbett or even a graham just a long connecting ridge. Maybe explains its lack of popularity although its getting better known through the years.

The climb down section rather than absail is way easier than it looks. The exposure blows it out of proportion. I watched a 7 year old do it as if he was walking down the stairs. 

In reply to bouldery bits:

This is possibly the best post in the entire history of ukc...

Lankyman 26 Aug 2020

> hmm yes ima take the girl up a mountain she never done one before i may take her up cnefion arete or crib goch or bastow buttress if she don’t like heights i’ll take her up bastow buttress if she likes heights crib goch if she’s fun and likes adventure i’ll take her up cnefion arete and maybe even then come down onto dolmen ridge a great first date 

Impressive. Where will you find the time, what with running your drug rackets, creating rap masterpieces AND back to school next week?

J101 26 Aug 2020
In reply to fmck:

> Achir is to me an incredible little known expedition. Probably the best mainland ridge in Scotland. <

Not entirely sure the Isle of Arran qualifies as the mainland!

In reply to Lankyman:

na i have time on a saturday ya know 

fmck 26 Aug 2020
In reply to J101:

Ha ha your right of course. I really meant outwith Skye. 

Billhook 27 Aug 2020

Has it occurred to you that their parents might not let them go off into the hills with you.  As you seem so experienced are you not taking a bit of a risk with someone  who is  lacking experience in the hills.   What will you do if she freezes and asks for a rope? 

But as I've said before mate, do let us know when you actually do something (in a scrambling sense that is!  

Donotello 28 Aug 2020

‘Currently at number 1 in the Top 40 Posters‘

He actually won. 

In reply to Donotello:

who is 

Lankyman 28 Aug 2020

> na i have time on a saturday ya know 

Good for you - it's so important to get the work-play balance right. I'm a little disappointed you didn't post any pictures here of your recent visit to Pinnacle Ridge - it must have been quite a day for you? Hopefully, you and your new lady friend will enjoy your adventures as you take her up places she didn't even know existed. Please share the pictures with us if they're decent.

bouldery bits 28 Aug 2020

> who is 

You.

Prof. Outdoors 28 Aug 2020
In reply to Lankyman:

Like it..............and I thought innuendo was the Spanish word for suppository.

Post edited at 21:33
 Donotello 29 Aug 2020

You are the number 1 poster on this forum of all time, it says so when you click your name.

Ukc need to amend their plea for help ‘come to ukc for climbing news and watch a rapper called Robbie attempt the crossover from rapper to grade 1 scrambler’ - they could make It a reality show to get that extra coin coming in. 

Lankyman 29 Aug 2020
In reply to Prof. Outdoors:

> Like it..............and I thought innuendo was the Spanish word for suppository.

Ooh you are awful - but I like you!

profitofdoom 29 Aug 2020
In reply to Lankyman:

> Ooh you are awful - but I like you!

Made me laugh, thanks... I'd forgotten Dick Emery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...