Advice for a 2-day hike itinerary around Chamonix Mont Blanc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Elena 01 May 2022

Hi there, could anyone please advice a nice picturesque 2 days route around around Mont Blanc in August? Not mountaineering (no crampons/ropes/axes), but also not something super chill. Ideally at an altitude between ca. 2500 and 3500 m. Starting early in the morning one day, hike to a hut, a night in a hut and then back to the town. Ideally with an option to see a glacier, lakes. All recommendations would be very welcome. Thanks! 

Bojo 01 May 2022

In reply to Elena:

> Sure thing I am a bot. Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.

If you are not a bot then I apologise. There have been some on here suddenly springing up.

Mark Haward 01 May 2022
In reply to Elena:

Lots of possible combinations:

One option might be to catch the cable car up from Chamonix to Le Brevent then walk along the Balcon to the Lac Blanc hut for the night; beautiful hut, great wildlife and awesome views. This route is busy during the day but when the lifts close it is wonderful. Next day you could descend to Vallorcine, or Le Tour quite quickly, get the lifts up  to the col ( Charamillon I think? ) and walk to the Albert Premier hut and explore the easily accessible glacier just beyond the hut. Walk (or walk and lifts ) back to Le Tour and free bus back to Chamonix.

Mike-W-99 01 May 2022
In reply to Elena:

Apologies for the rude reception you got but how about the Mont Buet circuit? I’ve done it as a day trip a few times but the local guides told us it’s normally done over two. It reminded me a lot of winter walking in Scotland over a few Munro’s.

Post edited at 22:19
 Tony the Blade 01 May 2022
In reply to Elena:

Hi Elena, there are lots of two day options in the Chamonix valley.

Please feel free to email me on tony@offgridadventures.co.uk or give me a call on 07985 201719 and I'll give you a number of options based on your groups strengths.

PJ2398 02 May 2022
In reply to Elena:

Hi,
Have a look at the Conscrits hut. Park up just outside Les Contamines , maybe 30 mins from Chamonix, and follow a beautiful trail up through the forest. You pass a hut/mountain restaurant after a couple of hours, which is a great spot for lunch, before going along a high path above the glacier (crossing a fantastic suspension bridge) to the Conscrits hut. The hut is generally fairly quiet due to the five hour walk in. You’ve also got the option of going up to the peak above (Aiguille de la Berangere) which doesn’t involve glacier crossing, but may involve a snowfield,  where you get amazing views of the Mont Blanc massif.

Rob Exile Ward 04 May 2022
In reply to PJ2398:

Good call! I love that hut.

In reply to Mike-W-99:

This is a good option. I've done it over two days twice, once camping by the hut and one big day and once bivvying in the shelter close to the summit.

Mike-W-99 04 May 2022
In reply to pancakeandchips:

Although I forgot to mention theres likely to be snowfields to cross.

OP Elena 17 May 2022
In reply to PJ2398:

Thanks a lot! Will give it a thought

Jaymac23 10 Jul 2022
In reply to Bojo:

So much negativity by the minority BOT 

everyone else keep up with the positive advice 😊

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...