NEW ROUTE CARD: A Round of the Northern Carneddau 3000ers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 11 Jun 2020

Lonely approach to Carnedd Llewelyn.This is a nice way to enjoy the 3000ft+ hills situated in the more obscure northern part of the Carneddau range. They are all pleasant rounded summits with a lovely remote setting, and can often be savoured without the crowds associated with more popular areas like Snowdon and the Glyderau. The high starting point in Cwm Eigiau means that it is also a fairly easy walk to accomplish relative to the size of the hills.

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=1244

wynaptomos 11 Jun 2020
In reply to Mark Reeves:

The name is Llanrwst not Llanwrst.

Before anyone says I’m being pedantic, I’m a native of the town and this happens all the bloody time........

In reply to wynaptomos:

Thanks... sorry!

toad 11 Jun 2020
In reply to Mark Reeves:

It can get busy at the start, and if the parking is full, its tricky (you can't!) to find another nearby spot

AukWalk 11 Jun 2020
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Looks nice, looking forward to being able to go back to Snowdonia! I was planning a similar walk earlier this year, going up south of melynllyn, but never got to do it! Was in a cold snap when I tried to get to the llyn Eigiau car park and there was a sheet of ice across an incline on the road about a mile away that I couldn't get up. Had to reverse back to a passing place and turn round and drive back, did a walk from Ogwen instead. 

Hat Dude 11 Jun 2020
In reply to Mark Reeves:

If you want a day that's a bit longer; instead of heading up into the Cwm, branch off just before Cedryn cottage  take the track to the quarry then head up the hillside over Pen Llithrig y Wrach then Pen yr Helgi Du and Craig yr Ysfa before heading to Carnedd Llewellyn

jezb1 11 Jun 2020
In reply to AukWalk:

I went up there whilst running a Mountain Leader assessment last year and the clutch on my car went! Had to put it in a ditch and leave it for my local garage to go and collect.

Another time we were trapped for an hour or so trying to leave after a storm blew a tree across the road. Thankfully a local farmer appeared with a chainsaw.

It's an eventful road!

OP Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 15 Jun 2020
In reply to wynaptomos:

Sorry Wyn. That was my fault. Glad Dan has sorted it though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...