A Long Walk On The Cork and Kerry Mountains

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 27 Sep 2019

I have long wanted to hike along the mountains from near my home to the sea that would traverse some of the finest mountains in the southwest of Ireland. I didn't have the time to complete the full trip this time but I would get most of the way so I determined to give it a go. With a rucksack full of food and camping gear I set off after work a couple of weeks ago into an Indian summer. The story of the trek is here....https://howlingmist.blogspot.com/2019/09/millstreet-to-knocklomena-4-day-hi...

Stephen

Lankyman 27 Sep 2019
In reply to goatee:

> With a rucksack full of food and camping gear

I hope you had some 'Whiskey in the Jar-oh'. Phil Lynott would have been 70 this summer ......

OP goatee 27 Sep 2019
In reply to Lankyman:

My air guitar was epic

Welsh Kate 27 Sep 2019
In reply to goatee:

As ever a super report, many thanks.

SuperstarDJ 27 Sep 2019
In reply to goatee:

Great report and pics.  Another place I didn't know about but I'd like see now!

David

Billhook 27 Sep 2019
In reply to goatee:

There are few, if any similiar mountains in the UK where you could see no one in 4 days of hill bagging.

Pefa 27 Sep 2019
In reply to goatee:

youtube.com/watch?v=EQvGuew8aSo&

❤️

Post edited at 23:17
Gone for good 27 Sep 2019
In reply to goatee:

Looks like a great journey. What have you got planned next?

OP goatee 28 Sep 2019
In reply to Billhook:

I had similar on the Dingle Peninsula in May when I didn't see a soul for the first two and a half days of a three day trek. Once you go off the beaten track a bit then it does get really quiet.

OP goatee 28 Sep 2019
In reply to Gone for good:

Hopefully a few days in Connemara next month...after that..Winter is coming

Pyreneenemec 28 Sep 2019
In reply to goatee:

Another great read- thanks !

We found ourselves in Millstreet last month, when we decided to take'a scenic' route to Bantry. It was a bit wet, cloud really low and blowing a hoolie ! Felt really sorry for a lovely couple getting married at Gougane Barra. However we did enjoy a pint of a local craft beer in the hotel bar, just can't remember it's name !

RX-78 28 Sep 2019
In reply to Billhook:

Going back to Ireland visiting family I have often gone to the mountains and seen hardly a sign of anyone, especially if the forecast is a bit iffy, which is often.

Post edited at 17:20

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...