Zamberlan Eiger 3000/4000

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 droites 11 Dec 2018

Heyup. Has anyone had experience of either the 3 or 4000 Eiger? Specifically fit maybe compared to Scarpa or Sportiva? Can’t get them in the U.K. so I’d rather have some info before ordering abroad. Thanks in advance. 

olddirtydoggy 11 Dec 2018
In reply to droites:

How do you know they fit your foot?

OP droites 12 Dec 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Not sure what you mean? I know how Sportiva and Scarpa fit me so I was wondering if anyone had experience of Zamberlan to compare. 

WestslopeColo 13 Dec 2018
In reply to droites:

I would say they fit fairly similar to Sportiva as far as width.  The Zamberlan’s might run a little big, I have 44.5 Eiger 4000 and am in a 45   Trango Cube.

olddirtydoggy 13 Dec 2018
In reply to droites:

I mean would you buy a boot without trying it on? Regardless of feedback on here there's no way of knowing if it actually fits till you lace it up. Last season I tried about 5 pairs on, some the same brand and ended up with something I didn't go in to get. For me at least, fit is everything. Good luck either way.

HeMa 13 Dec 2018

> I mean would you buy a boot without trying it on?

You might have to... And you can even get it right, with luck and good research.

I know, as I've done it quite a few times.

OP droites 13 Dec 2018
In reply to WestslopeColo:

Thanks. Exactly the info I’m after. I’m a solid 42 inc my Nepal Cubes. Just don’t get on with Cubes unfortunately. How do you find the 4000’s in general?

Many thanks for the help. 

OP droites 13 Dec 2018

Sometimes you have to. Like this case the boots aren’t even available in the U.K.  Not ideal but sometimes has to be done. 

WestslopeColo 17 Dec 2018
In reply to droites:

They have treated me quite well. I’m on my second pair, the first was an old red pair, i now have to first gen orange, now there is a new version with a carbon shank that makes it nice and light.  I’d put it’s performance right up with Phantom guides and Batura’s.  Warm, stiff, walk ok.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...