Whats a good wind stopper hat for high intensity sports

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jkent 27 Jan 2013
Hi I am looking for a wind stopper hat. Something I can use winter climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, high intensity stuff so don't want to get to hot. Just want to keep the ears out the wind and also be used under a helmet Any advice on what anyone uses that works

grithugger 27 Jan 2013
In reply to luke1: wow i can fill a draw with all the hats ive bought over the years,i see it my quest to find THE hat!
The current favorite for biking/running(well jogging,actually more like shuffling really) is a Ron Hill beanie,its a thin stretchy thingy it keeps the wind out but doesnt allow you to get too hot,fits under a helmet nicely and they are cheap as chips!

Hope this is some help.

P.s. it is also very compact so takes little room up in the hat draw!

boots 27 Jan 2013
In reply to luke1: a buff
 JoshOvki 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Paddy Duncan:

+1 for that hat
 Run_Ross_Run 27 Jan 2013
In reply to luke1:

I got given an icebreaker one (sorry dont know the name) and its brilliant. Use it for running all the time, its light and dries really quickly.

'100% pure' on the back.
rtwilli4 27 Jan 2013
In reply to luke1:

I wear this under my bike helmet, climbing helmet, etc. the forehead and ears are windstopper and the top is just a strath poly material so your head can breath. I can hear very well with this on, which has been a problem with wind stopper hats in the past.

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a56056/helmet-windstopper-cap.html?lg=en&a...
 Camm 28 Jan 2013
In reply to JoshOvki:
+2 for the mountain hardware hat, I use it for everything
 Mountain Llama 28 Jan 2013
In reply to boots: +1 for a buff, best head gear ever!
 d_b 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Paddy Duncan:

I have a windproof version of that one. It's great.
 iksander 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Jmkent: I reckon you'd get clammy with windstopper at high activity, plus you can't hear through it. (I ended up making ear holes in mine with a hole punch!). I've given up on hats now and wear thin fleece hoodies - keep your neck warm too and you can't lose them.
 Darkskys 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Jmkent: I found a Berghaus hat in Patterdale last year which is the best hat I've ever owned! Absolutely love it
 nniff 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Jmkent:

powerstretch headband - fine if you're working hard (and you've got hair). I also have a very thin (baselayer material) beanie with which I augment it for when it's really cold
Jkent 28 Jan 2013
Lots of options....don't have room in the draw for them all. Might go for th ronhill. If not then the mountain hardware.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...