What to do with an old harness?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 McHeath 14 Nov 2021

Anybody got any ideas? My partner's retired hers (Elliot Duke, trad, fully adjustable) after 15 years (yes, we know...). No signs of abrasion or wear, hasn't taken any lead falls, but obviously time to replace. So just throw/recycle it, or are there other options? 

mike123 14 Nov 2021
In reply to McHeath: Keep it for fancy dress .

Sealwife 14 Nov 2021
In reply to McHeath:

I retired an old Black Diamond Blizzard a few years back.  It was the older style of harness with a double back buckle on patterned webbing stitched to padding.

I took the padding off the waist belt and removed all the loops etc and now use it as a belt on jeans.  It has an attractive design on it and looks good - jeans aren’t going to fall down either.

Leg loops have been used by other half for bundling items for hanging up in the shed

Cake 14 Nov 2021
In reply to McHeath:

I use my old harness for adding weight on a finger board. If you know anyone who uses a finger board, they might do the same.

OP McHeath 14 Nov 2021
In reply to Cake:

Good idea, thanks! I do know someone - me. Always used a rucksack til now but it's been a bit of a faff. 

mik82 14 Nov 2021
In reply to McHeath:

Exactly the same as Cake. Add weight (or remove via pulley) for fingerboarding/pull-ups.

ebdon 14 Nov 2021
In reply to Cake:

2nd that suggestion, I cut the leg loops off mine as well to make easier getting on and a bit less bulky. I've been told on here before proper weight (dipping?) Belts are vastly superior but for the small amounts of weight I use it's fine. Also just as useful as an attachment for taking weight off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...