Waterproof Pants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ImperialJohn 20 Apr 2019

I'm looking for some waterproof pants for less than £100 with good breathability.

Any recommendations?  I'm 34S so need shorter leg.

I've seen a few different brands using fabrics like Pertex Shield, Paclite Gore-Tex, and AquaDry. I've not a clue on these as I've not kept up to date on fabrics but have noticed that there seems to be less eVent and NeoShell stuff.

My current jacket is a Moutain Equipment Firefox Gore-Tex Active Shell. I've had it several years and is still going strong. 

doz 20 Apr 2019
In reply to ImperialJohn:

Huggies??

Nbrain 21 Apr 2019

I have tried them but the rab kinetic alpine stuff looks really good. Feels nice fabric. Looks like should be comfy. Not sure about durability. 

ShortLock 21 Apr 2019

Berghaus Deluge are cheap, robust and have full length zips. They also do a full range of leg lengths, S, M, L.

angry pirate 21 Apr 2019
In reply to ShortLock:

I'm a big fan of the Deluge but last year I upgraded to the Berghaus paclite Goretex trousers. Much lighter and more breathable and can be found for sixty quid if you shop around.

ShortLock 21 Apr 2019
In reply to angry pirate:

I wasn't aware of those, nice! Still available in different leg lengths too. £60 on Amazon at the moment.

wilkesley 21 Apr 2019
In reply to ShortLock:

I have both Deluge and Paclite. The Paclite are great but seem much less durable than the Deluge. I wouldn't try thrutching up a chimney in them and imagine they would be more liable to tear if you snagged them on something.

grump gnome 21 Apr 2019

Trousers will give better protection than just pants.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...