Walking boots - small feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chloe 16 Jan 2023

Hi

Can anyone recommend a brand for walking boots that does a size UK 2.5 or 3 for an adult? Or can anyone recommend kids boots that are good?

I'm really struggling to find some proper walking boots that are small enough! 

Thanks!

Graeme G 16 Jan 2023
In reply to Chloe:

A quick google suggests it’ll be a struggle……good luck with the search. If nothing else this’ll give you a bump.

A couple of makes in size 3 available at Tiso

https://www.tiso.com/womens/footwear/walking-boots/si:3/

Also Decathlon 

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/c0-women/c1-shoes/c3-walking-boots/size-...

Post edited at 19:27
 morvich 16 Jan 2023
 girlymonkey 17 Jan 2023
In reply to Chloe:

What sort of boots are you needing? Winter? Lightweight? 

Could you use trail shoes? I only wear boots if I need crampons. Trail shoes are easier to get in small sizes, give better grip on more surfaces, better precision of footwork and strengthen your ankles so help to protect against injury. 

My friend who has tiny feet uses Salomon trail running shoes, not sure quite what size she is but very small.

If you need boots to wear crampons, La Sportiva do boots down to size 36.

Siward 17 Jan 2023
In reply to Chloe:

Altberg go down to a 3

mike123 17 Jan 2023
In reply to Chloe: George fishers in Keswick do a couple of high end brands and also do a boot exchange . My kids have all had various secondhand boots from there   Of various small sizes . I may have a pair of good quality 2/3 boots somewhere as my youngest is now a 4 . If I can find them you can have them to try . My tired brain can’t remember the brand. They do meindel now but these are something else. If I cone across them they are yours .

steveq 18 Jan 2023
In reply to morvich:

I'll second that, the kids Scarpa Little Terra boots are really good. More expensive but a good investment, both my daughters have used them and the boots have survived really well even after multi-day trips through the Cairngorms and being used in winter. They're sadly not stiff enough to take crampons so my teenage daughter's next boots are going to be rather expensive...

Stephen

kathrync 18 Jan 2023
In reply to Chloe:

My feet are size 2.5.

Most of my boots are larger. My Scarpa B1s and my summer boots are size 4, my winter B3s are size 5. With a bit of playing around with footbeds and socks, this is fine.

The key here is that the toe box isn't important as long as you have enough space. What is important is that you don't have heel lift, as that will cause problems. So, as long as the boot is snug around your heel, it doesn't matter if it's a little large in the toe. It does take me some shopping around to find an appropriate fit when I need to replace boots, but so far it has always been possible.

As someone else said, trail shoes are easier - however not an option for me because I have a ligament missing in one of my ankles and experience frequent rollovers despite lots of strengthening. Worth looking into if they will work for you though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...