Vapour Rise Guide pants replacement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bash 27 Sep 2022

Hey - I sadly have to retire my (now very old) Vapour Rise Guide pants due to waist size - i've gone up to a 36" and sadly, all attempts to reduce waist back to a 34" to be comfortable are failing. As these are now discontinued, i'm looking to replace and my ideal would be something "identical". I love the durability, material, pockets, stretch, lining, venting and everything about them - my perfect pants from late Autumn to Early Spring - can anyone recommend anything that can be a direct replacement? - I'm even looking around for second hand same in 36 Long?

In reply to Bash:

Do you get on with paramo? Not the same I know but they make some great winter trousers.

OP Bash 27 Sep 2022
In reply to pancakeandchips:

I've never actually tried them - I am generally either Rab or Mountain Equipment and the only pants I have ever used are either VR Guide or ME Ibex

The VR Torque "look" very similar but i've no experience of them

Post edited at 10:36
In reply to Bash:

Paramo enduro are nicely cut lined mountaineering trousers that are very breathable, like softshell so you can wear them all day, but also waterproof and with almost full length zips. Keep an eye on paramoseconds on eBay and they often come up quite cheap. Hardshell trousers are one less thing you have to carry in on your back.

OP Bash 27 Sep 2022
In reply to pancakeandchips:

I'm looking into them now, and a big thank you - eBay is somewhere i have never considered - finding lots of great stuff on there now...

Mike-W-99 27 Sep 2022
In reply to Bash:

Torque are completely different unfortunately.

I took like the VR trousers(mine are patched up etc) and no paramo aren't an equivalent.

probablylost 28 Sep 2022
In reply to Bash:

Tried the ME kinesis trousers? 

JimbotheScot 28 Sep 2022
In reply to Bash:

Montane mission, I've got a 36 in ibex and these, much roomier in the mission and superior venting options

OP Bash 28 Sep 2022
In reply to JimbotheScot:

I actually found a pair of Mountain Equipment Mission pants last night on eBay and bought them. They 'seem' to be an 'in the middle' or at least an upgrade on the Ibex - if anyone has any experience of them, how are they? I thought that the eBay idea was great, until export tax and postage was applied, adding nearly £40 to them (i'm in Ireland) - damn Brexit. Hopefully they'll get me through the winter anyway.

JimbotheScot 28 Sep 2022
In reply to Bash:

Much better and more substantial than ibex IMO

OP Bash 05 Oct 2022
In reply to JimbotheScot:

Just thought i'd post incase anyone else is reading this, received my Mountain Equipment Mission pants today and they are amazing - can't wait to get out in them. Definitely a far superior winter trouser to my Ibex - fantastic quality and a bit looser. I was also worried about the leg length being R whereas my Ibex were L, but they do allow for more length.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...