Urgent - Scottish winter over trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Luke14 10 Dec 2019

Trying to find a pair of waterproof over trousers. On a bit of a budget but am also aware that a good pair won't be cheap. Needed for a trip at the end of December. I'm a 29/30 waist with regular leg but quite a small frame, Have previously worn a north face pair that were good but not robust enough and didn't have full length zips.

I will be climbing and doing general mountaineering in them so it's important that they don't restrict movement.

TIA,

Luke

Post edited at 15:12
 girlymonkey 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Luke14:

Cheap can be good. Berghaus deluge are great trousers. They are not the absolute lightest on the market but not stupidly heavy either. They are proper work horse trousers.

Ian Parsons 10 Dec 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

How many legs do work horse trousers have? And are they still referred to as 'a pair'?

John Ww 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Luke14:

Simond Men's Alpinism Overtrousers from Decathlon, Reference : 8331170, £99.99, order online, go for a size bigger than you think you need. Job done. I've got two pairs, and they most definitely are the dog's bollocks.

DaveHK 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Luke14:

I reckon Urgent Overtrousers would be a good band name.

spartafan 10 Dec 2019

I would also recommend the Berghaus deluge trousers. Just completed the West Highland Way with them and they never let me down.

They are quite light, waterproof and very breathable and have the additional bonus of a zip opening along the whole leg.

You can pick them up for about £40+.

Post edited at 22:24
 Gav_92 11 Dec 2019
In reply to Luke14:

another recomendation for berghaus deluge cheap and pack small

Personally now using mountain equipment makula, got them half price on magic mountain outlet sale (theres another on coming up this weekend) initial impressions are good off them and they feel abit sturdier although they dont pack as small

ColdWill 11 Dec 2019
In reply to Luke14:

If your driving up or in the area you could give the Berghaus outlet in Gretna a call.

In reply to Luke14:

Alpkit have a new pair of over trousers out called the Nautilus. 

Ive not revived my pair yet, but they’re in the post and I’ll report back. 

Tom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...