PRESS RELEASE: Update from the Mnt Roraima expedition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 28 Nov 2019
Leo pulling hard through the steep section on pitch 5 During a dreich week here in the UK, here's an update from the Mnt Roraima team in Guyana that will hopefully brighten up your day.

Read more
 john arran 28 Nov 2019
In reply to UKC Gear:

Not sure why the OP has attracted dislikes, as it sounds like a proper adventure!

My only disappointment, from the write-up, is that it was felt necessary to bolt-protect some of the climbing. Maybe I've just been lucky and found routes that could be done without, but I've always considered a large part of the tepui challenge as being to climb it UK-trad style (albeit with the acceptance of some bolted belay or hauling points). And yes, I do appreciate that lead-bolting can be considered a part of US-trad. Having said that, I'm aware of having clipped a bolt placed on an earlier attempt when we first climbed Autana, so the whole issue is clouded with grey areas!

I look forward to reading further updates, and good luck to the team in finding better rock. It's a world class objective.

mcdougal 28 Nov 2019
In reply to john arran:

> Not sure why the OP has attracted dislikes, as it sounds like a proper adventure!

I really does sound like a brilliant adventure, I'm just a little turned-off by the drip-drip publicity. Let me know when they've succeeded or failed and I'll be interested to know what happened.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...