NEW REVIEW: Travellunch Sampled by Antwan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 09 Aug 2009
[Enjoying lunch, Overlooking Plantation Boulders, 2 kb]"Unfortunately there were no dramas to write about, so they must have done there job pretty well..." Antwan's kitchen was Stanage where he sampledChocolate Muesli with Milk, Beef Stroganoff and Peppered Beef with Vegetables.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1983
In reply to UKC Gear: how did you find the salt content? theres been a few complaints about them being too salty?
 antwan 11 Aug 2009
In reply to Brendan Hanratty: I didnt notice any saltiness with the meals I sampled, I did however try to eat them as I would eat any normal meal without over analyzing them so my review would be an honest account of how a normal person like me would eat them.

My own normal diet spans from healthy salads to fast food burgers, so maybee my taste is a little de-sensitized compared to someone who eats mainly vegy stuff, Who knows.

One thought though, When your pushing hard all day you need to replenish all the salts lost through sweat. The only time i like to eat ready salted crisps is after a long sweaty day on the hill, so perhaps its a better thing to have a little more given the situation they were designed for?
In reply to antwan: maybe, and i doubt it would bother me- i love salty food. but reading the comments on and other reviews there was a general consensus that the meals were too salty and that people didnt like it.

maybe you are desensitized or the other reviewers dislike salt? maybe it was the particular flavour the others tried?

still nice to see a positive review to go with the others, looking forward to reading a few more reviews
 Michael Ryan 12 Aug 2009
In reply to Brendan Hanratty:
> (In reply to antwan) maybe, and i doubt it would bother me- i love salty food. but reading the comments on and other reviews there was a general consensus that the meals were too salty and that people didnt like it.

There are several more reviews to go up.

Gives an interesting insight into taste!

mikeski 12 Aug 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

why so many reviews - it's filth to eat in the mountains. It can't need that much reviewing can it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...