Toe Bails La Sportiva Nepal Extremes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hard Hawk 20 Nov 2019

I recently purchased a pair of Petzl Lynx crampons for my Nepal Extremes (Size 43) but the front bail doesnt seem to fit the toe welt as good as it could. Anyone using petzl lynx crampons on Nepal Extremes that's noticed the same thing? I'm considering buying some BD toe bails as they look more rounded and a better fit for Nepal Extremes than the squared off petzl ones but not sure if they'll fit the crampons. Anyone tried this?

DaveHK 20 Nov 2019
In reply to Hard Hawk:

Probably not of much help to you but Grivel toe bails fit Nepals very well.

In reply to Hard Hawk:

Have you tried the plastic toe basket instead of wire bale? I now use Lynx, prefer the security, simplicity offered by this system.

Stuart

markk 21 Nov 2019
In reply to Hard Hawk:

Sam, I have a set of new /unused grivel toe bails that you can have if you want to try them.

mff513 21 Nov 2019
In reply to Hard Hawk:

I had exactly the same problem ith lynxs it's not your boots it's the crampons. My advice would be to get the grivel toe bails they use for the g20/g22 I think they are called narrow toe bails, dont get the spiral ones. To make them fit I squeezed as tight as I could and they haven't failed yet and fit perfect

This was my original thread and it may answer alot more of your questions 

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/winter_climbing/front_bail_popping_off_on...

Post edited at 17:30
 Mark Stevenson 21 Nov 2019
In reply to Hard Hawk or anyone else:

Can't comment on specifics, but I've a spare set of Grivel G20 bails available - £5 posted to anyone who wants them. 

OP Hard Hawk 25 Nov 2019
In reply to markk:

Went to ice factor to see if the original bails hold up and they seemed to work fine so will see how it goes for now, cheers for the offer though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...