Tiso sleeping bag choices

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 J72 25 Jan 2023

I have a voucher for tisos and I’m considering a new sleeping bag.  Total cost should be under £250 and suitable from May - September for Scotland often up at 3000ft plus etc 

So I’m looking for something that will do me down to 0c given the usual wild temperature variations possible on a summit camp (and on colder nights suitable with a belay jacket…) and not much more than 1kg.

this may be a relatively impossible ask but if the available models online at Tisos website had anyone experience of something suitable? On initial consideration I can’t really see what would suit that balance of price, weight and temp range from their 3 season or 4 season products available.

elsewhere the ME Helium 400 or Alpkit Pipedream look sort of suitable for that spec (some may disagree, useful if so!) but they’re not available at Tisos.

Above is no criticism of Tisos btw, and I always prefer to buy from a brick and mortar retailer (or the future will be full of very sore feet and ill fitting boots….) 

mcawle 25 Jan 2023
In reply to J72:

ME Helium 400 does appear to be in stock online? https://www.tiso.com/eacev8ti0447/mountain-equipment-helium-400-unisex-navy

Rab Ascent 700 also available albeit heavier and warmer: https://www.tiso.com/eacev8ti0479/rab-ascent-700-unisex

Tiso also appear to be offering a 10% discount voucher if you subscribe to their email newsletter? Which of course you can unsubscribe from later.

Post edited at 22:49
OP J72 26 Jan 2023
In reply to mcawle:

Thank you and apologies, I must’ve been particularly tired last night! 

In reply to J72:

Check out the OEX down bags that are heavily discounted by Tiso's, they have 3 season and 4 season models on sale at the moment.

OEX are a budget brand, but I have been pleased with their cheaper Fathom EV 400 synthetic bag.

OP J72 26 Jan 2023
In reply to WildAboutWalking:

Thanks - I had the oex Helios ev 300 but unfortunately it wasn’t suitable for what it had claimed to be as far as temperature - I know earlier purchasers we’re happy but believe later manufactured ones are getting quite a lot of poor reviews potentially (my assumption rather than fact) due to quality control issues. 

In reply to J72:

Maybe I have been lucky! I took the supposed 4 season rating of my Fathom 400 with a pinch of salt, I must say - would rate it as 3.5 at most, but it is fine for what I want it for, and I just use a liner/wear bootees in winter.

OP J72 26 Jan 2023
In reply to WildAboutWalking:

I usually sleep warm too!  Some good experiences with oex bags so it may be that there’s a lot of variability. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...