The quest for a multipurpose day pack :-)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 30 May 2021

As most of us, I've too many day bags.
I'm in the quest for a ONE "do it all day pack" for office + day pack + climbing, to replace all my bags below:
- for day climbing: Simon Cliff 20, Deuter Speedlite 15 AND also the 20...
- a day pack for hols: my 30 yrs old Eastpak Padded Pak'R
- a office bag Dicota Misson (22L / size 330 x 460 x 130 mm -> ideal volume)

What would you recommend? 
Thank you !!!!
(ps for the laptop I'm willing to use a separate laptop sleeve)

Morty 30 May 2021
In reply to Removed Userpikadim:

> As most of us, I've too many day bags.

> I'm in the quest for a ONE "do it all day pack" for office + day pack + climbing, to replace all my bags below:

> - for day climbing: Simon Cliff 20, Deuter Speedlite 15 AND also the 20...

> - a day pack for hols: my 30 yrs old Eastpak Padded Pak'R

> - a office bag Dicota Misson (22L / size 330 x 460 x 130 mm -> ideal volume)

> What would you recommend? 

Camomile tea and meditation.  

Removed User 30 May 2021
In reply to Morty:

- it is part of becoming minimalist (on a purpose I didn't mention my bigger backpacks and travel bags)

Post edited at 18:39
 Morty 30 May 2021

I understand - my shed is a veritable Aladdin's Cave of climbing and expedition gear that I could well do without.  

Post edited at 18:51
 HeMa 30 May 2021

Keep the best climbing bag. 

Ditch rucksacks as a day/Office bag, and get a Messenger one that works for both.

nikkormat 30 May 2021

I have an Aiguille Alpine Midi 28, which serves all purposes for me, although it's a bit bigger than what you have now. It's well made, comfortable, and I wouldn't swap it for anything.

SFM 30 May 2021

i think you probably have it already...Speedlite 20. Smart enough for the office, functional enough for climbing, light and packable enough for travel. The only alternative would probably be an Osprey Talon. 

mountainbagger 30 May 2021
In reply to SFM:

> i think you probably have it already...Speedlite 20. Smart enough for the office, functional enough for climbing, light and packable enough for travel. The only alternative would probably be an Osprey Talon. 

I love my Deuter. Not sure which model but it is BOMBPROOF. It's been thrown around everywhere, including a couple of bike crashes, and it's still going. Must have bought it some 10-15 years ago, used almost daily for cycling or running commute (sometimes with a laptop) plus days out walking/scrambling/carrying kids' stuff etc. What a rucksack! Still going (it's been to the beach today)

Removed User 31 May 2021
In reply to mountainbagger:

which model is it ?

GEd_83 31 May 2021

My Osprey Mutant 28 is the most versatile pack I have. I’ve tried other packs by Mountain Equipment, Millet, Lowe Alpine, but always seem to come back to using the Mutant. For me, it strikes the perfect balance between comfort, weight and simplicity.

mountainbagger 31 May 2021

> which model is it ?

Just looking at it now. Speedlite 20, but an old version.

It's definitely not big enough for climbing gear, but comfy as a day/commute/running sac.

Are you really going to go from office to crag?

Kaya 31 May 2021

Built To Send, Hand made in England and bombproof. Iv just got one in the sale and dont think ill buy anything else again

Toerag 01 Jun 2021

If you can cope with the colours available, Karrimor SF Sabre 30; if you want something brighter you need to find a secondhand Hotrock30 (same design, not the current one)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...