Thanks for the trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Guy Hurst 16 Jun 2020

This is by way of thanks to the UKC member who generously donated a pair of Rab lightweight softshell trousers a good few years ago, and to Rab for making some highly durable legwear. I'd posted a thread asking for recommendations for low cost walking trousers for a young friend of my son who wanted to go on the hills with us but had little spare cash for gear. This prompted several recommendations, but also this kind offer of a well used pair of Rab trousers which I took up. I'm afraid I can't remember who the donor was.

They went on to serve my son's friend well on many trips over the next few years before he grew out of them, and they then got passed to my son, who is very slim. He's still wearing them on occasional hill walking trips and much more often when he goes bouldering.

They have bobbled a bit after such long and latterly very hard use, but are still intact and functional. After all this time I don't know which type of Rab softshell they are, but they resembe the Sawtooth. I can't fault them in any way.

Post edited at 23:06
 MisterPiggy 17 Jun 2020
In reply to Guy Hurst:

In these troubled and troubling times it's nice to read stories such as this.

Thank you Guy for posting, you've cheered up my morning.

julian 😀

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...