Tenaya Mastia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jack_44 15 Mar 2023

Looking for advice from anyone who wears Tenaya Mastia's. Bought a couple of pairs online to try on and one pair feels great with less dead space than other shoes, but is really quite tight! How much could I expect them to stretch? Has anyone found they stay really tight fitting, or stretch a wee bit? 

I'm UK 9 in trainers, UK 8 in Scarpa instincts (bouldering and sport climbing) and these Mastia's are 7. Not sure whether to buy 7.5 to try or stick with these. By

In reply to jack_44:

I wrote the following back when I reviewed them in 2021:

"Being synthetic they don't stretch a lot, so don't buy them too tight as they're just going to be unpleasant."

Hope that's of help! Here's a link to the review if you haven't seen it already:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/footwear/climbing_shoes/tenaya_mastia-13247

In reply to jack_44:

Hey,

Theyre my go to shoe, for relevance I wear a UK 12 and wear a UK 8 in Mastia.

They do stretch a fair amount but thankfully they're still comfy straight out of the box.

I'd advise visiting a shop that sells them and try smaller than you expect!

AJLev 15 Mar 2023
In reply to jack_44:

Hello! I’m a UK10, wear an 8 in Mastias. Bought a second pair recently, tried 7.5 in the shop after a bit of stretch in the previous size 8s, but ended up sticking with the 8. Stretch has been pretty minimal, but enough so that the initial tightness becomes comfortable.

Post edited at 21:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...