Temres 282 - glove at first sight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ben b 10 Nov 2021

Interesting article on the NZAC website about these:

https://alpineclub.org.nz/review/showa-temres-282-glove-review

A friend mentioned these to me and said as long as you're OK with looking like a binman they are the dog's proverbials (and to be fair most NZ climbers have an avant garde fashion sense in a manner that dies out in the UK about the same time as breeks and dachmitts). 

Anyone tried them? 

b

joe.91 10 Nov 2021
In reply to ben b:

Yep, been using them for years. Good for dexterity but not for warmth. I use them on harder leads with a pair of mitts clipped to my harness. 

Suncream 10 Nov 2021
In reply to ben b:

There was some recent discussion here:

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/gear/showa_282-02_winter_work_gloves_in_t...

Post edited at 08:37
 DaveHK 10 Nov 2021
In reply to ben b:

I've used the blue ones for a couple of seasons. They're definitely waterproof and do breathe a bit, they're plenty warm for leading and the longer cuff means they stay tucked in.

Negatives are that they aren't as cheap as the likes of the Skytech argon, they are more fragile (I reckon one ab could destroy them) and they are a good bit less grippy than other work gloves.

Post edited at 08:43
 midgen 10 Nov 2021

Do they pack down small? Seems like a good value option for backup gloves, which I'm after....

DaveHK 10 Nov 2021
In reply to midgen:

> Do they pack down small? Seems like a good value option for backup gloves, which I'm after....

They'd be good for that as they are very light. They pack flat but wouldn't compress very well.

OP ben b 10 Nov 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

Thanks. I'm going to pick up a pair for backpacking purposes here in NZ anyway, it has been known to rain occasionally. Do they dry reasonably well, or take forever?

b

DaveHK 10 Nov 2021
In reply to ben b:

I've only ever dried them on a radiator after a day's climbing. 

TechnoJim 12 Nov 2021
In reply to ben b:

Absolute filth in the review:

"After using them for several weeks on a few high alpine routes, ski touring, and thrashing around on Darrans tussock..." 

olddirtydoggy 12 Nov 2021
In reply to ben b:

Used them to wash up, the long cuffs stop your wrists getting wet. I found the hands do get a bit clammy but the protection from the detergents is second to none.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...