Suunto app

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 20 Jan 2020

i use my Suunto Traverse watch for skiing, sea kayaking and other stuff too. Suunto’s Movescount App is to be replaced by the “Suunto “ App. Movescount seems to work ok but with some Glitches when importing to Strava. The newer Suunto App seems to be unable to import full gps track from my watch. Suunto’s  fb page seems to have a lot of unanswered questions and complaints.  Is anyone else on UKC having similar issues?

Alan Breck 20 Jan 2020
In reply to kevin stephens:

Seems that I have the same problem. When I "sync" the watch to my iPhone the map looks like I just walked out of the car park and stopped. Despite that everything else is correct. Time, ascent, descent etc.

When I connect the watch to the main computer everything is correct including the full mapping. Have tried to contact Suunto but no joy as yet.

Incidentally I don't "interact" Suunto with Strava.

DaveHK 20 Jan 2020
In reply to Alan Breck:

Movescant was crap and it sounds like the new one is no better. I love the Suunto watch but the interface might push me over to Garmin when it comes time to replace

Alan Breck 20 Jan 2020
In reply to DaveHK:

Tried Garmin in the past. Cost a fortune and the damned thing kept dropping out. Just couldn't get it to keep connected to the phone. Tried all the updates, work arounds and etc but no joy. Sent it back as pretty useless.

Agreed that Suunto do have problems with the changes but reckon that I'll stick with the devil I know.

Yes, have had loads of trouble with mine, always says sync failed even if it has uploaded my data. Also have the phantom altitude thing where it says you’ve done 30000m of ascent.

Switching to a different brand when the time comes.

In reply to Alan Breck:

Thanks ALan, I’ll try connecting to laptop usb and see how that goes

SebCa 20 Jan 2020

I had no end of problems with my Ambit3 syncing to movescount, that pushed me to Garmin, I had the Fenix3HR and loved it. Never had a single issue with it, never lost a single walk, ride, run, swim...anything.

Upgraded to the Forerunner 945 and again outstanding, the mapping is brilliant, the interface is superb. Wont be going back to Suunto any time soon...

George Ormerod 20 Jan 2020
In reply to featuresforfeet:

Not the App but my Ambit 3 Peak had me doing 65,000m of ascent yesterday (beat that Killian, you softie).  I think this is a blocked sensor issue, anyone else had this?

bouldery bits 20 Jan 2020

Got an ambit 3 run and I really like it. No issues with Movescount so far (don't use Strava tho). I'm going to avoid moving to the new app for as long as I can!

GMohr 20 Jan 2020
In reply to George Ormerod:

Constantly currently, I did 141000 ft on a flat run the other week. Yesterday it was 63000 ft. No idea how to sort it, I have just tried a hard reset to see if that helps. I use an ambit 3 peak, seriously considering moving to garmin. 

Dave B 21 Jan 2020

Only when swimming on kayak mode! 

99ster 22 Jan 2020

> Not the App but my Ambit 3 Peak had me doing 65,000m of ascent yesterday (beat that Killian, you softie).  I think this is a blocked sensor issue, anyone else had this?

Sounds like the altimeter sensor is damaged.  I managed to put my Ambit 3 Peak through a complete washing cycle in the washing machine (don't ask!) and the only damage it sustained was the altimeter started to produce crazy readings like this.  I contacted Suunto and they said it must be a damaged sensor - so I sent it back for repair/service.  I can't remember the cost - but it wasn't ridiculous.

Apart from that self-inflicted(!) damage - it's a fabulous piece of kit.  But the new Suunto App does seem to be very much a marketing driven exercise, I'm quite happy with Movescount.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...