Superb resole job by Shoedoctor.eu

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 metrorat 23 Oct 2020

Just had three pairs come back from Shoedoctor Slovenia.  Anasazi Blanco, Tenaya Iati, Scarpa Maestro all resoled perfectly.    Turnaround was three weeks exactly; the cost was €148, of which €70 was shipping.   Works out about £45 a pair, which for the quality seems reasonable to me.

McHeath 24 Oct 2020
In reply to metrorat:

£70 shipping?!!! 

HeMa 24 Oct 2020
In reply to metrorat:

Yes, both shoedoctors (the other one in Greece) do a really good job.

Just sent 3 or 4 pairs to get resoled to Slovenia. For me the costs are only going to be the actual resole, as it was a club deal so they will shell out the dough for the shipping.

And a few years ago the Greek shoedoc did a custom job for me, purple 510 quantums with laspo noedge resole. They are a beast, as they fit perfectly and are a tad stiffer than Genius, so perfect for the kind of granite climbs we have where I live.

OP metrorat 24 Oct 2020
In reply to McHeath:

Well 70 euros, not pounds, but with the current exchange rate it’s not far off.  Still, the price per pair compares reasonably with uk options plus they have a reputation for superb workmanship (unlike current UK options).

Mr Lopez 24 Oct 2020
In reply to metrorat:

An enterprising climber could get all expenses paid trips to Kalymnos by setting up a shoe couriering service. Might raise a few eyebrows checking in a suitcase containing a hundred old smelly shoes though

timparkin 24 Oct 2020
In reply to metrorat:

I got my Scarpa Maestro resoled by Scarpa for £70 which including free pick up and return postage ... bloody excellent and I got them resoled in Grip 2 which works exceptionally well

p.s. Via the Mountain Boot Co

Post edited at 20:42

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...