String vest questions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Guy Hurst 24 Dec 2020

I want to replace my very well used Brynje polypro vest, but have held back on doing so for a couple of reasons. One is that nowhere in the UK has the Super Thermo C Shirt, as it's called, in stock at the moment, and postage from overseas suppliers is very expensive. The other is that while the one I have now is exellent in most ways, it really is too short and always pulls out of my trousers, which is annoying.

So, i was wondering if anybody on UKC knows if the Super Thermo T Shirt is any longer in the body, since that is more easily avaialble.

Another option might be one of the mesh cycling vests, like the one made by Craft. However, I don't know if they're as effective as the Bryne base layers, although I presume they would at least be longer in the body.

deepsoup 24 Dec 2020
In reply to Guy Hurst:

> So, i was wondering if anybody on UKC knows if the Super Thermo T Shirt is any longer in the body, since that is more easily avaialble.

I have a long-sleeved one in my kayaking kit and it's long enough to pull it right down under my bum.  It doesn't come un-tucked whilst paddling, so I imagine it should be pretty good while swinging an ice axe too.  (My back isn't particularly long though - I'm a stocky 5'10, slight positive ape index.) 

I just laid it out flat and measured it - mine is a large, and it's 800mm or 31" ish from the back of the neck down to the hem.

OP Guy Hurst 24 Dec 2020
In reply to deepsoup:

Thanks for taking the trouble to do this. The problem is I have a Brynje long sleeve top and it does have plenty of length in the body, a lot more than the vest. I was just wanting to know which one the T shirt takes after.

Dr.S at work 24 Dec 2020
In reply to Guy Hurst:

In the cycling top front - I’ve got a natty Rapha one that seems plenty long enough and is warm - I’ve not used a brynje one though so can’t give a comparison

anyha 24 Dec 2020
In reply to Guy Hurst:

From memory my long sleeve Brynje tops are longer in the body than the vest top, size 50 not sure if that is due to their age though. Some eBay sellers may give you the exact measurements.

Prof. Outdoors 24 Dec 2020
In reply to Guy Hurst:

Guy

Just checked my spare unworn Super Thermo size Large.

Measures 29 inches back length.

Brilliant kit, I bought two when I had opportunity.

Buffalo Special 6 next to skin when really cold but the Brynje are excellent baselayers if I'm not ice climbing.

Buffalo and Brynje tops. Wonder why I am single?

Removed User 25 Dec 2020
In reply to Guy Hurst:

Millet (the French climbing brand) do mesh base layers, may work better for you.

Dave B 25 Dec 2020
In reply to Guy Hurst:

Planet x have Cheaper string vests and shorts sleeves. I've been impressed by  mine. Shorter in the body unless you go up a size 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...