Solar chargers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Derry 10 Dec 2018

Anyone got any advice/experience of a good solar charger that's lightweight, good quality and ideally under £50? Mainly for camera and phone charging whilst away for a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Pedro50 10 Dec 2018
In reply to Derry:

The usual answer is Anker. I have an Anker powerpoint solar lite currently selling on Amazon at £39.99. which I think is their lightest model at 340g.  I used this successfully in the Pyrenees, but I have replaced it with a cheepo eBay thing from China which cost £10 and weighs  87g (a bit fragile but seems to work OK)

If you or anyone else wants the Anker model I will sell for £25 inc postage and packing. 

Tom F Harding 10 Dec 2018
In reply to Derry:

Anker recommendation here as well - The Anker PowerPort (15W) is excellent. I've used it for hundreds of hours from 30°N to 80°N and between 42°C and -20°C without issues. 

Adam Long 10 Dec 2018
In reply to Derry:

The key point is you need a decent powerbank first. Start with the power bank fully charged, use it to charge your gadgets, top it up with the solar panel. Trying to charge a camera from a panel will be a disappointing experience. With a powerbank you can leave it on solar trickle charge all day, then devices charge quickly at night.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...