Slings for extendable draws

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 plyas 16 Apr 2019

Hi

i need to make some new extendable draws. What slings are people using these days?

Thanks 

John1458 16 Apr 2019
In reply to plyas:

I'm using DMM's 60cm 8mm dyneema slings, paired with DMM spectre 2 carabiners. I find they work well, but admittedly not compared them to much else. 

olddirtydoggy 17 Apr 2019
In reply to plyas:

I have one of my sling draws geared up with a DMM revolver wiregate for those placements on a drastic change of direction. Rarely needed but great when used.

1poundSOCKS 17 Apr 2019
In reply to plyas:

The thinner 8mm ones are better for threads, in limestone in particular. I've got some Mammut ones but I'm sure other brands are fine.

Mark Stevenson 17 Apr 2019
In reply to plyas:

Mammut Contact 8mm dyneema slings are great, probably the best option but not that cheap. The patented overlapping stitched construction they use works really well and is less likely to snag in use than standard stitching.

IIRC Beal and Edelweiss do 6mm dyneema slings that are also pretty good for extenders.

John Kelly 17 Apr 2019
In reply to plyas:

These are brilliant, great for draws and small spikes

https://www.climbers-shop.com/10941265/products/beal-6mm-dyneema-sling--60c...

88Dan 17 Apr 2019
In reply to plyas:

11mm 60cm DMM slings is all I use for sport climbing. I have four for extending quickdraws with DMM straight and bent gate carabiners. I also keep one 120cm 11mm sling doubled up with a larks foot round a carabiner on each end as a cows tail for clipping belays after seconding a route. I have no doubt the smaller diameter slings will be just as strong but I have always stuck with the 11mm slings.

Sharp 18 Apr 2019
In reply to plyas:

I've always used skinny slings for extendable draws, they're all much the same though. I've got a couple of 6mm beal ones as well but I prefer the 8mm.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...