Sleeping bags for fat blokes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 homing-penguin 19 Jan 2013
I'm 6'5 and 19 stone, anyone know of a decent sleeping bag that will actually fit? I've got a vango jobby that's pretty good but it only comes up to my ribs, which is fine in the summer but now I do winter climbing, so I need a better one...
 Albert Tatlock 19 Jan 2013
In reply to homing-penguin:

I am about the same size;

In summer I use a tesco double sleeping bag £ 11, loads of room.

I have a Mountain Equipment Classic bag,they used to sell an elephant baffle,which was a down filled insert to be zipped into the bag to increase the size / width by several inches,not sure if they still do them,but you could ask
 nniff 19 Jan 2013

Mountain Equipment do extra long bags. I thought I'd get a big one for comfort and snuggliness - and it swamps me quite frankly. I'm an under-nourished 6 feet and 11 stone 5.
 thin bob 19 Jan 2013
In reply to homing-penguin: Kathmandu used to do an xxl that's about 6'5" & wide.
don't know if they still do (website is crap!) or if I'd call it 'decent' enough. check the fill power & fit, I suppose! Good luck.
 Thirdi 19 Jan 2013
In reply to Albert Tatlock:
> (In reply to homing-penguin)
>
> > they used to sell an elephant baffle,which was a down filled insert to be zipped into the bag to increase the size / width by several inches,

Do you think that they sell other types of 'baffles' to increase the size / width of other things by several inches..... lol
 arch 19 Jan 2013

Try here. Expensive though.

http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/
Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll try looking at Mountain Equipment first.
 philpdr 20 Jan 2013
In reply to homing-penguin:Snugpak do some with expanding baffles too.
 CarolineMc 20 Jan 2013
In reply to homing-penguin: Yep, look at Snugpak! Co:
 Neil Pratt 20 Jan 2013

Have you had a look at Alpkit's Skyehigh? They do a long version, and the bag design is pretty roomy - I bought one when I was a biffer and it fitted me fine.
 VS4b 21 Jan 2013
In reply to CarolineMc:

+1 for snugpack; very good kit, as long as you like army green...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...