Shoe Goo heel repair.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rlocock 05 Oct 2019

I am considering rebuilding the heels on an old pair of boots with Shoe Goo or similar. Has anyone had success with this, and will the result have enough grip for winter lowland walking?

climber34neil 05 Oct 2019
In reply to rlocock:

I used shoo goo to repair the rand on a pair of winter boots which worked well, the rand had slip so it was glued back together and lasted well 

Niall_H 05 Oct 2019
In reply to rlocock:

I've done this with a couple of pairs of approach shoes that I'd worn the heels down on by wearing them around town as my day-to-day shoes (yes, I know!)

My most successful method was using Shoe Goo to do the main rebuilding (taping around the edges to hold it in where the wear went to the outside of the heel) and then switching to Freesole for the outermost layer or two: it's less slippy than Shoe Goo, if less tough.  I also added in some rubber from a 5.10 Stealth Paint kit, but that was because I still wanted them as fairly grippy approach shoes.  They worked well and lasted for at least a year or so!

machine 08 Oct 2019
In reply to rlocock:

Ive tried it and I did think it was very good

Toerag 09 Oct 2019
In reply to rlocock:

Does Shoo Goo go off in the tube if you use a bit of it then leave it for months?

BruceM 16 Oct 2019
In reply to Toerag:

> Does Shoo Goo go off in the tube if you use a bit of it then leave it for months?

Yes.  Seems to start setting slightly so doesn't run as freely.  But have used stuff from a year ago OK, if you don't mind a rough looking finish.  For a sole repair, it's prob OK.  I only use it for uppers.

wilkesley 17 Oct 2019
In reply to Toerag:

Put it in the freezer. Worked OK for me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...