Scarpa maestro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mical 13 Oct 2020

Have a pair of Scarpa maestro shoes, just over 12 months old. Not used a great amount due to Current covid situation. Went out 3 days ago and noticed rubber on side of shoes have started to split same place on both shoes. Just wondering if anyone had same issues. No big problem at the moment as Scarpa have asked for the shoes to be sent to them. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem

icehockeyhair 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Mical:

Maybe not very helpful but mine are 2-3 years old and pretty heavily used (2-3 times/week since we were allowed back out in May). Rubber seems to be holding up pretty well, not noticed any splitting on the sides.

thepodge 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Mical:

Do you mean like this? I thought it was a slice in the rubber to help it curve so more manufacturing feature not fault. 

OP Mical 14 Oct 2020
In reply to thepodge:

Exactly the same, and in same spot. Apparently not a manufacturing feature. If not to late contact seller or Scarpa. 

Post edited at 20:37
In reply to Mical:

That's done intentionally in manufacturing. If you zoom in on the Maestro Alpine product photo you can see the same cut. 

https://rockrun.com/products/scarpa-maestro-alpine

In reply to Mical:

https://www.pricerunner.com/product/640x640/3000237036/Scarpa-Maestro-Mid-E...

Low quality photo but you can see the cut on the eco too. Not the newest model though. 

OP Mical 14 Oct 2020
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

If its intentional then they would be same length not one split twice as long as the other. There may be a design feature but it appears to have failed on mine.  One is longer and wider and certainly does not look as if it should be there. The shop feel there is a fault and Scarpa have seen photos and asked for the shoes to be sent to them for investigation. Hopefully find out soon. Thanks for pointing it out though. 👍

Post edited at 21:24
 More-On 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Mical:

I've just checked my maestro mids. It's clearly a part of the construction method as per the scarpa product photos. Crucially they are unequal on my pair too and this isn't due to later splitting. I'd not noticed it before you posted and would suggest it's nothing to worry about 

In reply to Mical:

Sounds like the cut in the rubber tore further under stress. 

druss 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Mical:

> Have a pair of Scarpa maestro shoes, just over 12 months old. Not used a great amount due to Current covid situation. Went out 3 days ago and noticed rubber on side of shoes have started to split same place on both shoes. Just wondering if anyone had same issues. No big problem at the moment as Scarpa have asked for the shoes to be sent to them. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem

Have had mine since they launched and no issues.  You may have had bad luck pair.

OP Mical 14 Oct 2020
In reply to More-On:

Scarpa are looking at them. If it is meant to be there then on mine the issue is the split is running up the side so it may be a weakness in the rubber.??? 

OP Mical 14 Oct 2020
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

I think that is the problem as never noticed anything there previously. 

OP Mical 14 Oct 2020
In reply to More-On:

I never noticed it before but they opened up and run half way up the shoe so not sure if if the split is running. Just seems to wide and unequal to be normal.I will see what Scarpa say. 👍

Post edited at 22:45
 thepodge 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Mical:

I'm still convinced it's a manufacturing feature, especially after all the other photos, one is probably longer than the other because the rubber patterns have been accidentally set different on left and right shoes or maybe cut to fit by hand depending on small variances in shoe size. 

If they replace yours then that's good of them but mine are due a resole soon so I'll maybe ask their opinion and possibly get a patch over it. 

OP Mical 15 Oct 2020
In reply to thepodge:

I will hopefully know in a few days and post the result.My concern is, the split which may or may not be from manufacture but then there is 10 mm of good rubber and then another small split. Also split is quite wide nearest the sole and can see inner material. Just does not look right. I will let you know the reply from Scarpa.👍

OP Mical 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Mical:

Well the good news is the split is normal as some said. No idea why they were not noticed before.

They think they opened up a bit over time and use and to be fair I was told if the split changes to get back to them. Really good customer care from up and under and Scarpa regarding this. Great to know if further problem there should be no issues. (Hopefully nothing worsens)

Many thanks for the replies greatly appreciated

Mike 

More-On 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Mical:

Good to hear and thanks for the update

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...