SALEWA Litetrek Tent advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sheffieldchris 12 Mar 2019

I am after anyone who has used this tent for a bit of feedback. Read the Uk climbing review and looks the part for what I want.

I am stuck in that halfway house of needs.

I go on a month long supported expedition each year, so need a robust and bomb proof tent with a bit more living space.

I am also aware of the weight for self carry when in the UK.

The light weight ones do not look good at being hammered by, the weather, or just prolonged living in.

Narrowed my choices to MSR Hubba Hubba or Big Agnes copper spur, but both have the integrated pole system I do not like the look of.

So keep coming back to the Salewa any advice gratefully received

nel 13 Mar 2019
In reply to sheffieldchris:

I used the Litetrek III in Patagonia with my girlfriend for about a month We were in campsites mostly plus a couple of days up in the mountains.

It's really quick to put up, had enough space to store our stuff inside, is reasonably light and relatively cheap. Orientated away from the wind and with the guy lines up it withstood some strong winds and kept us dry in some big storms.

The downsides are that it's obviously not a 4 season tent. When camping up in mountains it was colder and more buffeted by the wind when compared to some of the 4 season tents next to us.

I wouldn't describe it as bomb proof but we didn't have any problems or breakages on our trip. For our needs we thought that it was a good compromise between weight and robustness.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...