Rucksack stitching repair - Bristol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euan Todd 08 Feb 2019

Afternoon all,

I've got a Montane running pack that I've used for a couple of years for hillrunning mostly, and I've recently managed to put quite a large hole down the side by ripping the stitching.  Normally I would have a go myself, but I think this is beyond my skills as a seamstress...

Does anyone have any recommendations of somewhere in the Bristol area where I could get this fixed?  I could just go to a local place I'm sure, but I'm not sure if the fabric requires a particular type of thread or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Rick Graham 08 Feb 2019
In reply to Euan Todd:

Has the stitching gone or has the material pulled away from the stitching ?

It may be that the seam was faulty .

However probably an easy repair for anybody with a domestic sewing machine, it is unlikely to be heavy rucksack material.

Any synthetic thread that you cannot snap with bare hands will be OK. Should cut your finger before snapping.

Dave Cundy 08 Feb 2019
In reply to Euan Todd:

I've got some thick cordura and some thick linen thread (stronger than synthetic).  I'd be willing to have a look at it.  I'm in Stoke Gifford.

druridge 09 Feb 2019
In reply to Euan Todd:

Dental floss and a sail needle, never go beyond Heathrow without them

Billhook 10 Feb 2019
In reply to Euan Todd:

Are their any yacht chandlers near you?  Ask if there's a local sail maker.  I got one to repair an elderly canvas bag for  me.!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...