Rock sphoe help needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ruth Murray 12 Dec 2018

I have weird feet and need help on suggestions for new rock shoes.

Due to surgical damage, I have no feeling in 2nd toe on right foot, and limited feeling in both big toes and middle toe of right foot. Also, big toe and 2nd toe on right foot do not bend voluntarily (but do bend). One of the climbing consequences is that I don't trust tiny footholds/features.

I want a new pair of shoes for bouldering/sport, (generally climb at 6a/b with 6c being a challenge) and would ideally like to find something that has reasonably thin rubber, thereby enabling me to make the most of the limited feeling in my toes, whilst being downturned to ensure presure is going down through my toes. Also want a decent level of support in the sole. Not a fixed budget. If I find the right shoe, I will buy it.

If anyone can come up with a shoe that may fill these requirements I would be really grateful. I've spoken to shops, and staff at my regular climbing walls. They have suggested asking on here (and direct to companies).

Really hope you can help out. Thanks

AlanLittle 12 Dec 2018
In reply to Ruth Murray:

La Sportiva Testarossa? Thin rubber, strongly downturned, reasonably supportive if they fit. (They fit me like a glove - my favourite hard redpoint shoe by far)

Iamgregp 13 Dec 2018
In reply to Ruth Murray:

Have you tried Tenaya?  I had a pair of Inti and they were the thinnest most sensitive shoes I've ever had, actually too thin for my liking eventually, but they might be right for you.

They also just sponsored Chris Sharma so they can't bee too bad!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...