Rock shoes for narrow feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 phildawson 01 Jul 2019

I've always struggled to find rock shoes which fit my stupidly narrow feet (borderline A/AA width fitting) and was wondering what other people with similar feet have found work for them.

There are a few old threads on this topic, but It seems like it's been a good few years since this came up.

For the last few years I've been using Anasazi pinks and whites and lacing them really tight. These have been okay, but I wonder what else is out there. I've never managed to find anything more downturned that fits me so I'm particularly interested to hear about more downturned shoes.

Unfortunately, my feet are a bit too big for any of the women's/low volume shoes that I've come across, it'd be nice if they made these in slightly bigger sizes!

spidermonkey09 01 Jul 2019
In reply to phildawson:

How big are your feet Phil? I have street shoe UK8 feet and fit women's Miuras perfectly, although I size them very tight. This might be a sportiva thing as they stretch so much, but worth a go perhaps.

OP phildawson 01 Jul 2019
In reply to spidermonkey09:

My street shoe size is 10.5, I've not yet found a shoe where I can downsize to an 8 without it being agonisingly short. That said, I've not tried with Sportivas, so it might be worth a shot.

spidermonkey09 01 Jul 2019
In reply to phildawson:

Yeah, to clarify I downsize the Miuras to a 5.5 which are perfect for me. Hope you find some!

nikoid 02 Jul 2019
In reply to spidermonkey09:

Tenaya Masai

Knut R. 02 Jul 2019
In reply to phildawson:

I have quite narrow feet as well, and really have had issues with a good heel-up fit.

I have recently tried the Scarpa Mago, with some success. It feels narrow, and I misjudged how small I could buy it. You can size it quite tight (or....I can) and still have comfort.

Give them a try.

Stone_donkey 03 Jul 2019
In reply to Knut R.:

Second shout for the Tenaya Masai. I have a similar problem and got on well with Evolv Bandits (except for the smell) but these are even better. They’re not downturned but if Tenayas size up similar across the range there’ll be something there to suit. I’d never heard of them before I got this pair but will be my ‘go to’ brand now. The last is quite curved so may not suit if your big toe isn’t your longest one 

duchessofmalfi 03 Jul 2019

The Tenaya range have a lot of option for narrow and low volume feet, the Ra is already reasonably narrow but also comes in a low volume version which is used by someone I know with ridiculously narrow feet.

I have reasonably narrow feet and I switched to Tenaya Oasi after Pinks (and I had to lace my pinks straight-bar rather than the default criss-cross to get them tight enough).  I'm not sure about the other shoes in the range but you need to size the Oasi a couple of sizes down from your street size.  I'm 10.5 in street shoes and I think my rock shoes are 8.5 in Oasi (they do stretch a bit).

SGD 03 Jul 2019
In reply to phildawson:

Another shout out for Tenaya. My Favourite shoe for the last few years has been the Oasi. I recently has the opportunity to try the Tarifa and they felt like a lace up version of the Oasi just in case you prefer lace ups.

edit: The Oasi and the Tarfia soften up quite quickly so you may want to try the Iati as they have a full length sole like the Masai but are slightly downturned.

Post edited at 09:18
OP phildawson 03 Jul 2019
In reply to phildawson:

Thanks all, sounds like it's worth tracking down some Tenaya shoes to try on.

Anti-faff 03 Jul 2019
In reply to phildawson:

I have the same problem as you, my feet are like sticks!

Scarpa Vapour lace work really well for me although you might have to shorten the laces a bit.

In Velcro the only thing I can get away with is the Futura although I haven't tried any Tenaya shoes.  

OP phildawson 03 Jul 2019
In reply to Anti-faff:

> I have the same problem as you, my feet are like sticks!

> Scarpa Vapour lace work really well for me although you might have to shorten the laces a bit.

I've tried these in the past, they're too wide and deep across the forefoot for me

> In Velcro the only thing I can get away with is the Futura although I haven't tried any Tenaya shoes.  

I haven't tried Futuras, but Sportivas have generally come closer than most to being narrow enough so possibly worth a try.

mutt 03 Jul 2019
In reply to phildawson:

I have similarly narrow feet. Tenaya Oasi are the best I've had yet. Perfect for me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...