Resoling climbing shoe experiences.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 apd 03 Dec 2012
Hello!

I have just had my first pair of climbing shoes (Muira VS) re-soled. I also sent them away with my friends Evolv Quests.
It took them 5 weeks to do and they came back up turned. I tried them on at the wall and it feels like they have been stretched. My heel is slipping out the back and my toes no longer knuckle. Needless to say I can't wear them. My friend says his felt half a size bigger as well.

I rang them to ask what I/they could do and the man who did the repairs has told me this is "impossible". Bit insulting to say the least. I was ready to write them off and take the £45 hit but after that I would like to follow this up.

Anyone had this sort of experience? I just want to know before I go headlong into an argument I may or may not win.

Thanks.
Andy Nelson 03 Dec 2012
In reply to apd: I sent mine to Cheshire shoe repairs. Came back in under a week, and were great.
 Dave Reeve 03 Dec 2012
In reply to apd: I've had shoes resoled many times from Feet First & Cheshire Shoe Repairs and generally they do feel a little different at first but usually a little tighter if anything...

It's possible yours may have been mixed up with someone elses...one of my friends after happily wearing his resoles for a couple of months got a call to say that although he'd got one of his original shoes back the other shoe was someone elses - they were a half size different but in his case it suited his odd feet - the other guy meanwhile was half crippled...
 snoop6060 03 Dec 2012
In reply to apd:

I've had tons of pairs resoled, and mostly accepted that some would come back in a banana shape with an upturn.

Though I've just had a pair of solutions done with llanberris resoles and they were cheap and the job is excellent. The shape is exactly as it was when I bought the boots, in fact they feel like new boots again. Pretty impressed really.
 Ava Adore 03 Dec 2012
In reply to apd:

This doesn't sound right. I've sent 3 pairs off to Cheshire Shoe and although they are less positive for technical climbing (toes are a bit rounder from toe rand repair), they've definitely still been wearable.
 mrchewy 03 Dec 2012
In reply to apd: I had some LA Sportivas done by Llanberis, first pair I've had done anywhere, and they came back better than new if anything. I'd try having a proper whinge over the phone again if you feel that the job is really not acceptable.
OP apd 03 Dec 2012
In reply to apd: Bugger. They are definitely my shoes. Anyone had any done with LSR?
OP apd 03 Dec 2012
In reply to mrchewy: They've asked me to take photographs as evidence. I shall email away!
 Alex@home 03 Dec 2012
In reply to apd:

another recommendation for llanberis resoles. i had 3 pairs done recently. sent them on a tuesday and they were back with me by saturday. excellent job on all 3 (vapour v needed just a resole, anasazi verdi and velcro both needed rand and resole) and at about £105 including postage much cheaper than buying new shoes
 augustus trout 03 Dec 2012
In reply to apd: Feetfirst in chesterfield did a good job on a resole and stitching repair on my Miuras (lace) bit tight to begin with then loosened up. At £45 for a stitching repair and half resole, I think its a good deal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...